What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (6 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mainly an alert for Ron. A bunch of Martin & Lewis movies on sale for $4.99 each at iTunes.

View attachment 75032

Hi Mark!

Thanks for thinking of me.

I bought the Lewis and Martin Digital Collection about two months ago so I have a lot of these. However, some of the remaining Lewis solo films I don't own are on sale for $4.99 so I will be happy to complete my collection.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Anyone know how's the quality of Cabaret on iTunes? It's currently on sale (again) at $4.99.

I never bought the BD and wonder if the iTunes version would be close enough...

_Man_

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So...

does anyone know why This is America Charlie Brown set and episodes has disappeared from iTunes and is not available to purchase on vudu??

strange....

Here are the product links that no longsr
Work:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-show/id879529208

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/this-is-america-charlie-brown/id879529208

the set is also unavailable on amazon digital:

These issues happen frequently. However if you have previously purchased, they remain in your library.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
These issues happen frequently. However if you have previously purchased, they remain in your library.

got it. I saw the u2 concert from 1987 was the same way. It was available for purchase but no longer.

hopefully the peanuts series is available again soon.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Not sure how common this is for Vudu, but they're running a mix-and-match, 2-for-$8 bundle sale on what seems to be a bunch MGM titles:

Most of y'all probably already own all the (digital) titles of interest in this sale or may simply prefer to go (or wait for) 4K -- these all seem to be HDX only on Vudu so far.

There's also a similar sale for 2x 2-to-3-movie bundles (for $15), but that seems far less interesting, except for its inclusion of Silence of the Lambs 4K (bundled w/ Hannibal in HDX). I already recently sprung for SotL 4K on iTunes, so that doesn't interest me... and the other bundles are pretty meh (at least to me)...

_Man_

Are any MGM titles Movies Anywhere titles or are they one of the studios that doesn’t participate?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
MGM, Paramount and Lionsgate with a few other production companies are not part of Movies Anywhere.
Thank you. I thought that might be the case, but I couldn’t remember for sure.
Also, Vudu and FandangoNow will tell you if a title is part of the Movies Anywhere family, just look for the MA icon on the listing. iTunes and Amazon aren't as accommodating.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Also, Vudu and FandangoNow will tell you if a title is part of the Movies Anywhere family, just look for the MA icon on the listing. iTunes and Amazon aren't as accommodating.
Cheap Charts indicates whether a title is part of Movies Anywhere for all the stores it supports -- including iTunes. It's a good way around Apple's lacking information.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The John Carpenter version of Village of the Damned is $4.99 on iTunes. I have not seen this version. Does anyone have an opinion on how it compares with the original?

Not even close IMO. Wolf Rilla's film is an absolute classic. Carpenter's effort pales in comparison. It might be worth five bucks though. ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Not even close IMO. Wolf Rilla's film is an absolute classic. Carpenter's effort pales in comparison. It might be worth five bucks though. ;)
Thanks, Doug. I agree that the original is a classic (I own the BD). I decided that for $5 I would take a chance and pick this one up. I like a lot of Carpenter's work, so at least it will be interesting to see his vision of the story, even if it does pale in comparison.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Doug. I agree that the original is a classic (I own the BD). I decided that for $5 I would take a chance and pick this one up. I like a lot of Carpenter's work, so at least it will be interesting to see his vision of the story, even if it does pale in comparison.
It doesn't seem like it's going to ever happen but I think Carpenter's 1990's work deserves the reappraisal that his 80's stuff got. Not to say that his later movies are as good as his classics but they're better movies than they were given credit for at the time of their release.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It doesn't seem like it's going to ever happen but I think Carpenter's 1990's work deserves the reappraisal that his 80's stuff got. Not to say that his later movies are as good as his classics but they're better movies than they were given credit for at the time of their release.

I think this film suffers from the fact that it's a remake of such a classic movie. It's ALWAYS going to compared to the original. But, Carpenter went there, and he didn't deliver. For me. If only he'd brought his A-game on VotD like he did with The Thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks