What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
So how sure are we that iTunes gives free upgrades to 4K for everything we buy as HD thru them? And it's only for content bought from them, excluding use of codes that come w/ physical media (or acquired elsewhere, but available thru Movies Anywhere), right?

Is there any official policy about that?

Wish Vudu would at least provide option to upgrade (from HDX) to 4K for say $2-3.

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was redeeming my digital code for Jaws on Movies Anywhere, and noticed that The Goonies is still showing up as 4K in my library there, but it doesn't mention anything about HDR.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I was redeeming my digital code for Jaws on Movies Anywhere, and noticed that The Goonies is still showing up as 4K in my library there, but it doesn't mention anything about HDR.
It's showing HD on Movies Anywhere for me.
I have an answer for that. The resolution that imports into MA (and is locked in) is the resolution iTunes is showing at the time of purchase. Robert bought it before it upgraded to 4K so it imported into MA at HD, Scott bought it during the period it was 4K at iTunes so it imported into MA at 4K. Something to be aware of when making purchases.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Appreciate the posts on iTunes Gift Card deals. I don't quite need a refill yet however I appreciate that you guys are posting them as they become available.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For anyone interested, I noticed that Amazon, iTunes and Vudu have the movie Waves -- which came and went in theaters so quickly last December that I didn't make it -- as a 99 cent rental this week. I wanted to see it so am considering doing the discounted rental, but there's one thing that's holding me back from that.

Usually, A24 releases (which Waves is) end up having their first subscription streaming window on Amazon Prime, but it is unclear as to when that will start for Waves. I'd like to wait for that because I already have Prime so wouldn't need to pay at all, but probably what will happen is that it will show up with the membership as soon as I end up paying to rent it. :laugh:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was able to knock three titles off my Wish List:

Dark Waters 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
21 Bridges 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 14.99)
Bad Boys for Life 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
Birds of Prey....Harley Quinn 4K desired pricing 9.99 (Currently 19.99)
The Last Full Measure HD desired pricing 7.99 (Currently 14.99)
The Current War HD desired pricing 7.99 (Currently 14.99)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm debating "Underwater" and "Cats". Too many people have dog out "Cats".;) Any thoughts on those that have seen "Underwater"? I'm debating "The Photograph" as a 4K purchase.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have not seen "Underwater" but I have been looking at it for a long time.

It hasn't gotten great reviews. The feedback I have read from people on Facebook is that it's "okay"

The only great thing I have heard is that it has a killer LFE channel.

I'll buy it for $5. However, I haven't been looking at Cheap Charts for weeks. How much is it?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
For anyone interested, I noticed that Amazon, iTunes and Vudu have the movie Waves -- which came and went in theaters so quickly last December that I didn't make it -- as a 99 cent rental this week. I wanted to see it so am considering doing the discounted rental, but there's one thing that's holding me back from that.

Usually, A24 releases (which Waves is) end up having their first subscription streaming window on Amazon Prime, but it is unclear as to when that will start for Waves. I'd like to wait for that because I already have Prime so wouldn't need to pay at all, but probably what will happen is that it will show up with the membership as soon as I end up paying to rent it. :laugh:
I almost bought "Waves" a while back. I might buy this time at $7.99

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks