What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (5 Viewers)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The temptation grows. :)

I went for it. The uncertainty of what mgm is going to do was a factor. They have said nothing about plans for a UHd Blu Ray set for 007. There isn’t even rumors or anything. I’m tired of waiting.

also there is going to be a change from fox to universal for mgm in June. Still it would be nice to know what is happening with 007 and again there isn’t any rumors or any information.

so I’m glad to have them all in 4K now.

the films are on prime in 4K for a while too. If you want to sample them. I think with Apple 4k tv they will look better as well.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I went for it. The uncertainty of what mgm is going to do was a factor. They have said nothing about plans for a UHd Blu Ray set for 007. There isn’t even rumors or anything. I’m tired of waiting.

also there is going to be a change from fox to universal for mgm in June. Still it would be nice to know what is happening with 007 and again there isn’t any rumors or any information.

so I’m glad to have them all in 4K now.

the films are on prime in 4K for a while too. If you want to sample them. I think with Apple 4k tv they will look better as well.
I bought them all on iTunes during a sale last June. I watched them in order, and just finally got to Spectre last week. My wife sold all my BD's for over half what I paid for the 4K digital copies, so it worked out well in my case -- and I opened up quite a bit of shelf space! I think you will be happy with your purchase. Just know that right now, only the Craig films have HDR encoding.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I bought them all on iTunes during a sale last June. I watched them in order, and just finally got to Spectre last week. My wife sold all my BD's for over half what I paid for the 4K digital copies, so it worked out well in my case -- and I opened up quite a bit of shelf space! I think you will be happy with your purchase. Just know that right now, only the Craig films have HDR encoding.

understood! I have the Craig films on UHd Blu ray. I actually finally was successful in having fox send me a new 4k code for the set too. Lots of emailing and I had to open up a complaint to get the matter resolved. They came through though.

007 is a set of films that I will hang onto. If anything I want to be sure all of the extras are on iTunes.

so the big question is when the other films will have hdr and who is doing mgm video distribution after June? Universal?

the mgm fox contract ends in June.
CB

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
ohmss is $15.

funny that is the price of both the dalton films.

cant wait to watch them.

I’ll probably start with ohmss.
That particular title along with other Bond films are individually priced at $9.99 now. I picked it up as it was the only Bond film released that I didn't have digitally in 4K.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
That particular title along with other Bond films are individually priced at $9.99 now. I picked it up as it was the only Bond film released that I didn't have digitally in 4K.

I saw! I guess I donated $5 to iTunes then...

I paid $15 for ohmss earlier today. : )

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It's also a crap shoot. You can wait for weeks and months sometimes before a particular title hits your price point, if it ever does. There are times when you just have to go for it. :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's also a crap shoot. You can wait for weeks and months sometimes before a particular title hits your price point, if it ever does. There are times when you just have to go for it. :)
I've been pretty discipline to never go over $9.99. I can't remember the last time I paid for any movie over that amount.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
That's pricey incomplete. I was able to get the set complete for $99, but that's a rare discount.

im
Happy to have them all in 4K now. The craig films I had previously purchased the UHd Blu Ray set. With some work I was able to get the digital copies for those 4 films upgraded to 4k on vudu.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
im
Happy to have them all in 4K now. The craig films I had previously purchased the UHd Blu Ray set. With some work I was able to get the digital copies for those 4 films upgraded to 4k on vudu.

This collection was my best purchase. In fact, it was pretty much my first purchase and proved to me that 4k could look absolutely stellar on 4k stream. I have watched the first 8 films and all of them look spectacular. Plus, I don't have to wait for nor purchase another disc set that will probably cost twice as much to start.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
This collection was my best purchase. In fact, it was pretty much my first purchase and proved to me that 4k could look absolutely stellar on 4k stream. I have watched the first 8 films and all of them look spectacular. Plus, I don't have to wait for nor purchase another disc set that will probably cost twice as much to start.

im a sucker for 007. I just finally purchased an Apple 4k tv. I only went to 4k last August. I have purchased a lot of 4k titles and I’m realizing the digital versions are probably Enough for me.

at any rate I had been content to wait on 007 hopefully coming to UHd Blu Ray. I’m glad I picked them up yesterday.

I watched the first hour or so of the man with the golden gun last night. It looks great. All
Of the extras are with the title too. I did want to check in the audio mixes though. I like having the original audio tracks too. I didn’t see golden guns listed.

side note, my Superman the movie 4k has an extra of the extended version of the film. I believe this was released by Warner archive as well. I was surprised to see it listed and I will have to check that out soon!!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Vudu has the James Bond collection in 4K for $99.99.

Attachments

• 8614F1E0-511F-40CC-8EAA-5837AD9F9C1A.png
    8614F1E0-511F-40CC-8EAA-5837AD9F9C1A.png
    574.1 KB · Views: 83

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I would be cautious about dropping $99 at Vudu on non-Movies Anywhere titles when we know they have put themselves up for sale.

Not saying you shouldn't do it, just think extra hard about it...

min glad I went with iTunes.

I wonder if these will become universal distributed titles this year too.

Its a shame paramount and mgm haven’t joined movies anywhere.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
A ton of MGM titles went OFF sale today. I was looking through them just last night and was going to buy 3 but decided to wait until today. You don't see movies coming off sale on any day not Tuesday like that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks