Digital Movie/TV Deals

Josh Steinberg

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I figured, maybe except for that ST movie set.
Those individual ones that make up the most likely will. The reason TWOK didn’t is that the HD version is listed as the theatrical one and the 4K is listed as director’s cut, so iTunes considers them two separate titles rather than one being considered the newer version of the older one. In theory the same could happen with any film that has multiple cuts but for films with only one version (3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10), if those get new masters they should theoretically upgrade.

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
the set has the directors cut of motion picture, khan and undiscovered country as sd extras.

I have the khan directors cut Blu ray from a few years ago. I’m planning on buying the 4k of it on iTunes. Just waiting for a price drop to $9.99.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
I don’t think they’re going to be a problem once they get 4K masters done and released on disc and/or digitally.

Reactions: TonyD and Osato

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
the set has the directors cut of motion picture, khan and undiscovered country as sd extras.

I have the khan directors cut Blu ray from a few years ago. I’m planning on buying the 4k of it on iTunes. Just waiting for a price drop to $9.99.
sorry I may be incorrect on khan. If it’s the older directors cut I believe it’s using the old print which was released on se dvd years ago.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Tony D.
I almost bought the Khan 4K version last year when it was $10.

Still have a $25 iTunes gc sitting here. Maybe I’ll use tht for the ST set.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Tony D.
I know. Neither you or I said it was. That’s why I posted the direct link to it and mentioned buying it when it was $10

Reactions: Osato

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
Reactions: Osato and TonyD

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer
Reaction score
I just hate Disney pricing. They clearly believe everything they produce is made of pure platinum. So, yeah, I got Rise of Skywalker, The Force Awakens, Solo and Rogue One, along with a couple other of their priceless titles. With tax, about $130 down the drain for 6 movies. Sheesh. It appears they completely screwed up the other two trilogies, so those are a no-go for me.
I am no fan of Di$ney's pricing, either, which is why I decided not to upgrade the Pixar or Marvel titles I already own on BD to UHD. And while I wouldn't call myself a Star Wars fanatic, I did grow up with the original trilogy, so they are special for me, and do find something to enjoy in each of the prequels / sequels (although I do wish that Lucas had digitally removed Jar Jar from Phantom when he was screwing with everything ;) ).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
IMG_1062.jpeg

Had quite an enjoyable morning watching this film for the first time.

Terrific story! Great cast, particularly Charles Laughton.

Interesting Fact: Earl Janoth (Laughton) is referred to in the film as "Superman," and there's an early cameo by Noel Neill who played Louis Lane in the 1950s, Superman.

Thanks for this recommendation​

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.theteatable.com
Real Name
John
Great film !!!
I have a new TV ready to be put into place in my HT and I've been wondering what is the first thing I should watch on it. I want a really spectacular looking UHD DV movie to be first. I was thinking of Passengers. I know that movie got panned, but I like it and it's remarkable looking. Over the weekend I'll have to watch Miller's Crossing though. I can't wait.

Reactions: Mike2001 and DavidJ

Mike2001

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Mike
The first movie I watched on my new projector was Moana (the 4’ Disney+ stream). I’ve seen it so many times with my kids that I used it to get the colors right on the projector.

Robert Crawford

Reaction score
Real Name
Robert
I noticed a number of titles on sale for $4.99. One of them is rumored to be coming out on 4K disc later this year from Warner which is "The Color Purple" for its 35th Anniversary so I purchase it as I'm hoping I get a free 4K upgrade.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I noticed a number of titles on sale for $4.99. One of them is rumored to be coming out on 4K disc later this year from Warner which is "The Color Purple" for its 35th Anniversary so I purchase it as I'm hoping I get a free 4K upgrade.

I realize there are no guarantees, but has Warner been upgrading their titles to 4k when available?

I am getting THE COURT JESTER for $4.99. That was on my wish list. The copy on The Criterion Channel was stunning so I am certain this is the same source.

Mark-P

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Mark Probst
I realize there are no guarantees, but has Warner been upgrading their titles to 4k when available?
Yes. I’ve never known Warner to release a 4K UHD disc without a digital code, and if there’s a digital code, the iTunes file automatically gets upgraded.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgasingh307