Digital Movie/TV Deals

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
I wish!

just loving the great deal I am getting on Star Wars. I didn’t want to spend $250 on the box set.

some of the exclusive titles are cool as well.
I received a better deal through the Target B2G1 free sale, and wasn't required to buy anything else (except I added The Incredibles to make it nine titles). Just under $20 per title (my personal price ceiling), plus free shipping.

Reactions: Osato

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
I received a better deal through the Target B2G1 free sale, and wasn't required to buy anything else (except I added The Incredibles to make it nine titles). Just under $20 per title (my personal price ceiling), plus free shipping.
I bought several titles through the target sale during the holidays. It’s a great deal.

I’m buying other titles other than Star Wars too. It worked great for me to joint the club. I was previously in the club in 2014 or so. So I know what to expect.

I used the vip offer yesterday and most of the Star Wars titles were $14. I also ended up with a few exclusive Blu ray titles for $10 Each too.

Reactions: Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
I bought several titles through the target sale during the holidays. It’s a great deal.

I’m buying other titles other than Star Wars too. It worked great for me to joint the club. I was previously in the club in 2014 or so. So I know what to expect.

I used the vip offer yesterday and most of the Star Wars titles were $14. I also ended up with a few exclusive Blu ray titles for $10 Each too.
The DMC is a good deal when there are quite a few other Disney titles you want to purchase, such as your situation. In my case, I have just about everything I want from Disney's catalog in a format I am happy with -- I do not plan on upgrading my Pixar or Marvel BDs to UHD. I did sell my BD of The Incredibles quite awhile ago when I thought I was going the UHD upgrade route, but changed my mind and didn't sell any of my other Pixar titles. So, adding that one to the B2G1 free deal, along with Episodes 1-7 and Rogue One, worked out in my case. I already had Episode 8 on UHD, and Episode 9 was not part of the sale. I will pick that one up hopefully during the holiday sales.

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
The DMC is a good deal when there are quite a few other Disney titles you want to purchase, such as your situation. In my case, I have just about everything I want from Disney's catalog in a format I am happy with -- I do not plan on upgrading my Pixar or Marvel BDs to UHD. I did sell my BD of The Incredibles quite awhile ago when I thought I was going the UHD upgrade route, but changed my mind and didn't sell any of my other Pixar titles. So, adding that one to the B2G1 free deal, along with Episodes 1-7 and Rogue One, worked out in my case. I already had Episode 8 on UHD, and Episode 9 was not part of the sale. I will pick that one up hopefully during the holiday sales.
agrred. The target deal is great if you can bundle titles ata similar price. I think I did 2 orders last time.

Reactions: Scott Merryfield

DavidJ

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was ready to hear that. I knew I would take some friendly ribbing.

I loved the first 45 minutes of the film. I was thinking this was one of the best Wayne films I had seen. It had a great start, a chase across the desert, directed by John Ford and in Technicolor. Just when it got to the baby, the film totally lost it for me. However, I completely understand why people would love this film. It's such a different kind John Wayne we are witnessing here.
The good thing about this discussion is it helped me decide that I want to see it. So, I purchased it this morning.

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m trying to reserve my purchases at this time for things that I want to watch right now or within a day or two. If I don’t put an arbitrary limit on it like that, I’ll wind up spending way more than I should because there are more good deals than there are hours of the day.

Reactions: Osato and Suzanne.S

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
Airplane is $5 now.
Looks like a 4K disc is coming out, do Paramount movies get that upgrade on iTunes?

Ryan’s Daughter in hd for $5. Hmm.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, Amazon has some Disney titles at 3 for 2. Not nearly as many titles as Target. I’m bummed to find that neither seems to have The Last Jedi in 4K.

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
BTW, Amazon has some Disney titles at 3 for 2. Not nearly as many titles as Target. I’m bummed to find that neither seems to have The Last Jedi in 4K.
Luckily, that was the only Star Wars film I already owned on UHD/4K from the last release. I ended up placing an order for Rise of Skywalker after Target just added it to the sale along with Solo (wasn't going to get this one, but thought "what the hell", let's complete the set), so I'll have all 11 films on UHD by the weekend.

Reactions: Osato and TravisR

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Luckily, that was the only Star Wars film I already owned on UHD/4K from the last release. I ended up placing an order for Rise of Skywalker after Target just added it to the sale along with Solo (wasn't going to get this one, but thought "what the hell", let's complete the set), so I'll have all 11 films on UHD by the weekend.
I just hate Disney pricing. They clearly believe everything they produce is made of pure platinum. So, yeah, I got Rise of Skywalker, The Force Awakens, Solo and Rogue One, along with a couple other of their priceless titles. With tax, about $130 down the drain for 6 movies. Sheesh. It appears they completely screwed up the other two trilogies, so those are a no-go for me.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lozovoz