Digital Movie/TV Deals

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
So Best Buy and Target stores are closed in your area?
Target is open because they have groceries and pharmacy, but Best Buy and others are closed until April 10 (and it sounds like that will be renewed for another 2 weeks). WalMart is open but they have blocked off the non-grocery side do you can't go over there.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidJ

JohnRice

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Amazon is unpredictable. I ordered a disc last week that arrived in two days. Another said it would arrive on 4/20 but is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, 12 days early. On Saturday I ordered a TV stand that said it would arrive tomorrow (4/8) but it arrived the day after I ordered it, on Sunday 4/5.

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I know it's possible to get discs, it's just not worth it at the moment. For instance I'm only allowed to go out for groceries/medical in my area, so curbside pickup isn't really an option.
But you can still have your orders from both Best Buy and Target (and others as well) shipped. My point was that if you want to buy physical media there's nothing preventing you from doing so. Amazon isn't the only fish in the sea.

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
But you can still have your orders from both Best Buy and Target (and others as well) shipped. My point was that if you want to buy physical media there's nothing preventing you from doing so. Amazon isn't the only fish in the sea.
For some reason you're ignoring the posts where I said "I never said you can't get discs at all" and "I know it's still possible to get discs."

My only point was it's a bit less convenient than a few weeks ago. That's it. Nothing more.

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Producer
Reviewer
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Amazon is unpredictable. I ordered a disc last week that arrived in two days. Another said it would arrive on 4/20 but is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, 12 days early. On Saturday I ordered a TV stand that said it would arrive tomorrow (4/8) but it arrived the day after I ordered it, on Sunday 4/5.
Yeah, I don't get their stance on supposedly shipping essential items ahead of non-essential ones. I recently placed separate orders for plant food, water filters, pancake mix, SD cards, and a film scanner. The plant food, water filters, and SD cards have shipped (the SD cards just shipped yesterday, the day after I ordered them), but the pancake mix and film scanner are still awaiting shipment (and both are in stock).

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Real Name
Doug
For some reason you're ignoring the posts where I said "I never said you can't get discs at all" and "I know it's still possible to get discs."

My only point was it's a bit less convenient than a few weeks ago. That's it. Nothing more.
Gotcha, but I was responding to this comment you made in response to Osato saying that he was buying a bunch of discs, not ignoring you:

"I don't know how I would if I wanted to."

It's all good.

Reactions: Cranston37

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
No doubt it can vary but I ordered a disc from Amazon on Sunday night and had it on Monday afternoon. It was originally scheduled for delivery on Wednesday.
I ordered a bottle of car wax and had it in 2 days, but the pad I need to apply it is coming April 26th even though it's in stock. Makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
I ordered a bottle of car wax and had it in 2 days, but the pad I need to apply it is coming April 26th even though it's in stock. Makes sense.
Yeah, I was looking at other stuff that was in stock but had a delivery date of like May 37th or something so I just skipped that. I bought Mr. Robot: Season Four and that had just come out on March 31 so maybe they shipped it normally because it was a new release?

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
I never said you can't get discs at all, it's just not worth the extra effort at the moment. For instance I'm only allowed to go out for groceries/medical in my area, so curbside pickup isn't really an option.
Target and Best Buy will deliver to your front door. Can't get more convenient than that. I ordered a bunch of the Star Wars individual titles on UHD from their B2G1 free sale, and all are being delivered for free.

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I just ordered a new cover for our gas grill with "no rush" shipping, and it shipped the next day.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Real Name
Tony D.
Yup, I ordered a bunch of discs on Sunday and last night, eleven of them shipped out from Target.
Robert, what did you order?

I put the new SWs movie in my target cart and looked through my old wish lists I have on Profiler and Amazon and I can’t bring myself to buy and pay upwards of $20+ for a disc anymore.

I want to, I want to be indulgent right now but I just can’t pull the trigger.

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
I don't know how I would if I wanted to. Amazon is shipping a month out (so I'm assuming those sales wouldn't count in the charts until then) and stores like Target or Best Buy are so locked down in my area that it's barely an option...
disney movie club!!!

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
Robert, what did you order?

I put the new SWs movie in my target cart and looked through my old wish lists I have on Profiler and Amazon and I can’t bring myself to buy and pay upwards of $20+ for a disc anymore.

I want to, I want to be indulgent right now but I just can’t pull the trigger.
What the hell, the life is short so I ordered the following:popcorn:
  • Beauty and the Beast (1991) (4K/UHD)
  • Beauty and the Beast (2017) (4K/UHD)
  • Ford v Ferrari (4K/UHD)
  • The Great Escape (Criterion)
  • The Cameraman (Criterion)
  • The Deer Hunter (4K/UHD)
  • Knives Out (4K/UHD)
  • The Blues Brothers (4K/UHD)
  • The Mask of Zorro (4K/UHD)
  • Sweet Bird of Youth
  • Blood on the Moon