Digital Movie/TV Deals

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Okay strike "Jaws", but that's not the point, the point is don't automatically think every non-Disney title will get a free 4K upgrade on iTunes.
You're misreading my post - I'm not saying that it's a given a title will get upgraded to 4K on iTunes. I'm saying that if it DOES get upgraded to 4K on iTunes, then your copy will get upgraded with it.

In other words, it's not a given that iTunes will get a 4K copy of Jaws, but if it does, the copy you own will get bumped up.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
You're misreading my post - I'm not saying that it's a given a title will get upgraded to 4K on iTunes. I'm saying that if it DOES get upgraded to 4K on iTunes, then your copy will get upgraded with it.

In other words, it's not a given that iTunes will get a 4K copy of Jaws, but if it does, the copy you own will get bumped up.
To be fair, you didn't say anything in that post except post the cover art. You did a Sam Posten.:laugh:

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
To be fair, you didn't say anything in that post except post the cover art. You did a Sam Posten.:laugh:
No, Robert - I'm referring to the post I made a couple before that when I said "While Sony and Universal and Paramount might not have certain titles available on 4K on iTunes, if they did upgrade in the future your copy would upgrade with it."

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Ok.

mill just wait for the discs of back to the future (October maybe?)

jaws and airplane.

min guessing airplane will be a June release. I’m curious if paramount will offer a 4k option in digital only as the have done for some of their films like Beverly Hills cop.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ok.

mill just wait for the discs of back to the future (October maybe?)

jaws and airplane.

min guessing airplane will be a June release. I’m curious if paramount will offer a 4k option in digital only as the have done for some of their films like Beverly Hills cop.

If I were you I would wait for the eventual 4k releases on all these titles.

Scott Merryfield

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
There are two options on "DVD Profiler" that I never used and wished I did from the beginning. One is noting my purchase price on every disc and the second is noting the last time I watched that disc.
I do both of those things. Noting when I watch something is very helpful -- especially in discussions with my wife trying to decide what we want to watch. I even have both our names entered in the application, so I can note if just one or both of us watched the title.

JohnRice

Film Editor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just a comment on American Psycho. It expresses severe ridicule of greed, narcissism and conformity, and the general '80s worship of those things. It also goes way over the top doing it. In a way, it's every bit as topical today, maybe more, than the time it is set in. I kind of enjoy the ruthless mockery of something I despise.

Osato

Producer
Senior HTF Member
If I were you I would wait for the eventual 4k releases on all these titles.
correct jaws and back to the future 4k are scheduled for this year. Jaws is confirmed in June.

airplane is another of the new paramount line for Blu ray. I’ll buy it to support even if a 4k comes later. It’s one of my favorites so I don’t mind buying it again.

I can’t wait to see the new Blu ray of to catch a thief too.

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I'm buying a ton of discs right now.
I don't know how I would if I wanted to. Amazon is shipping a month out (so I'm assuming those sales wouldn't count in the charts until then) and stores like Target or Best Buy are so locked down in my area that it's barely an option...

Reactions: Osato

dpippel

HTF Premium Member
Premium
Real Name
Doug
I don't know how I would if I wanted to. Amazon is shipping a month out (so I'm assuming those sales wouldn't count in the charts until then) and stores like Target or Best Buy are so locked down in my area that it's barely an option...
Target and Best Buy are both still shipping discs. Best Buy also has curbside pickup available. :)

Reactions: Osato

Cranston37

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Target and Best Buy are both still shipping discs. Best Buy also has curbside pickup available. :)
I never said you can't get discs at all, it's just not worth the extra effort at the moment. For instance I'm only allowed to go out for groceries/medical in my area, so curbside pickup isn't really an option.

Last edited:

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freewheelinhippie