What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (3 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Im tempted to go with thst set anyway.

I am probably going to buy it.

There is speculation on the Facebook digital codes site that if and when Paramount does 4k releases, these titles will be automatically upgraded.

I am just surprised that KHAN would not be an automatic 4k upgrade now. That was one that existed on my wish list when it dropped in price.

Still, for $2 a movie, this is a great deal and worth the upgrade gamble whether it happens or not.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just remember that Khan in that movie bundle isn't the director's cut which is the one in 4K. I already have that 4K digital in my library. Anyhow, I bought that 10 movie bundle before I want to bed hours ago. Is there going to be a different cut of the first Star Trek movie when it comes out on 4K?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just remember that Khan in that movie bundle isn't the director's cut which is the one in 4K. I already have that 4K digital in my library. Anyhow, I bought that 10 movie bundle before I want to bed hours ago. Is there going to be a different cut of the first Star Trek movie when it comes out on 4K?

Actually, Crawdaddy, if you go into the specs, it says Director's Cut for KHAN even in HD.

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.54.09 AM.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Correction, looks like I was a little too sleepy before going to bed because I didn't finalize the purchase by clicking my mouse. After some further reflection, I'm going to pass on buying this 10 movie bundle as I have all of them on Blu-ray. I'm not the biggest Star Trek fan and the one movie that I do love, I already have it digitally in 4K.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I had to actually start playing the movie to see that.

I wonder why this is being labeled at The Director's Cut in the accompanying title icon
The director's cut is accessible in the iTunes extras section, however I doubt that it is in 4K like the separately-sold Director's Cut listing.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The director's cut is accessible in the iTunes extras section, however I doubt that it is in 4K like the separately-sold Director's Cut listing.

Oh, thanks for that information, Mark. I will wait for a price drop on the 4k version.

However, I bought this set nonetheless

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see the original "Walking Tall" is on sale for $4.99. I'll probably buy that title as I always liked that movie.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

I can confirm. The Director's Cut extra included with the HD iTunes bundle is not the 4K version. HD only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks