What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I do not think any Disney titles are available in 4K on iTunes. Disney doesn’t like Apple’s policy of upgrading titles from HDX to 4K at no cost, so they are not supplying 4K transfers to Apple.
Correct. There aren’t.

I know, guys. That's why I posted that Disney is the exception to giving 4K and Atmos...

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
One other thing about Atmos and the different streamers, if a movie has Atmos the only way to get the Atmos on Vudu is if you watch it on a 4K tv, for some reason Vudu turns off the Atmos on none 4K displays.

iTunes does not do that. If it’s Atmos it’s Atmos no matter the display.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Worth noting is Karate Kid is a MA title so it ported over to vudu in UHD which does include Atmos.
My sister is visiting me this weekend and knowing I love and collect movies she brought me some 4K discs as a belated birthday gift. Of course, one of those 4K titles that she just bought the other day at BB was "The Karate Kid".:) Well, when I bought the HD Digital from iTunes back on Christmas Day for $4.99 it upgraded to 4K on iTunes earlier this week, but still remained HD on Vudu. Just a minute ago, I redeemed that 4K disc code and it upgraded my Vudu HD to 4K with Dolby Atmos.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I do not think any Disney titles are available in 4K on iTunes. Disney doesn’t like Apple’s policy of upgrading titles from HDX to 4K at no cost, so they are not supplying 4K transfers to Apple.
That's true about Disney titles. Like "The Karate Kid" (Sony), I had another title "Backdraft" (Universal) that I purchase in HD from iTunes back in February for $4.99 just upgraded to 4K on iTunes. It still remains HD on Vudu.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just make the Atmos track available across all services. Why should I have to go deal with the Vudu app if I have the purchase available in iTunes?
I totally agree with you. The industry needs to clean this crap up and we need all of the studios participation in MA.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
"Field of Dreams" 4K/HDR $4.99 at iTunes. I bought it as I really didn't want to buy it again on disc which is currently priced at $21.99 at Amazon and Best Buy.
I’ve had the Blu-ray for years and haven’t got around to watching it (of course I’ve seen the movie in other formats) but am wondering if this one merits a 4K upgrade or not. The mere $5 price tag is probably as painless as you can get.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I bought it.

Well worth it for me even though I have the blue ray and dvd.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Mule is a definite buy for me. From what I gather it's a good film and it might be Eastwood's last acting performance.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Alien upgraded to 4K/HDR and on sale for $7.99 on iTunes.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
And it has the 40th Anniversary Shorts Series! All 6 with a running time of over an hour! These aren’t even on the disc.

Great bargain.

Tino, do you know if those Shorts are included in the Alien Anthology Blu-ray set?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cennetkaralowa
    Recent bookmarks