What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
At that price point, does it make any sense for anybody getting Disney+ for a yearly subscription to buy any of those Disney titles? IMO, I don't think so.

I had the same issue when Criterion's went on sale for $9.99 earlier. Didn't buy a thing...

mark-edk

Second Unit
Not a movie but iTunes has Season Five of The Avengers (Steed & Emma) in HD for $9.99. Unfortunately that's the only season they have. VUDU has several other seasons but last time I checked for viewing only, not for purchase.

mark-edk

Second Unit
The Ten Commandments HD $4.99 at iTunes. (Quick calculation: Movie runs 3:45, that's less than 2 cents a minute!)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
"Field of Dreams" 4K/HDR $4.99 at iTunes. I bought it as I really didn't want to buy it again on disc which is currently priced at $21.99 at Amazon and Best Buy.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
iTunes currently has The Karate Kid 4K available for $7.99.
I should have mentioned that, but I didn't because I bought it back on Christmas Day for $4.99 so it has upgraded from HD to 4K/Dolby Vision including the Bonus Material with the new featurette "Remembering the Karate Kid" which by the way only runs 10.22.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Robert,

I see iTunes has Sons of Katie Elder on sale for 4.99 - do you have that one and, if so, how does it look?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
OK, thanks. Damn, I really wish Paramount would join Movies Anywhere. The only thing keeping me from buying a lot more stuff digitally is the lack of knowledge about how the transfers look. But least with MA, there's a shot one retailer has a better copy than another.

EDIT - that's convenient, I checked JustWatch and see that it's now on Amazon Prime as of two days ago.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I have it on Vudu, but I've read somewhere that iTunes has it windowboxed. The Vudu HD digital looks very good like it's derived from a recent transfer.
Not only is it Windowboxed it’s pan and scan I just found out!

Called iTunes. Refunded. 4 free rentals for my troubles.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
OK, thanks. Damn, I really wish Paramount would join Movies Anywhere. The only thing keeping me from buying a lot more stuff digitally is the lack of knowledge about how the transfers look. But least with MA, there's a shot one retailer has a better copy than another.

EDIT - that's convenient, I checked JustWatch and see that it's now on Amazon Prime as of two days ago.
I just added that site to my favorites so thanks.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Re: JustWatch

Remember if you use Apple, you can get much the same functionality by asking Siri for the movie. It will show you all of the places you can buy/stream something as well as add it to a watch list. It doesn't let you browse sale prices but just making sure you guys knew...

Apple TV

4E8E3EA8-BFC1-4BE4-B5C7-526FF1E5BF65.jpeg

iPhone

73B7FE2A-35FC-4C94-AECC-2672C7B2E119.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa