What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (1 Viewer)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Vudu has a bunch of horror films on sale. Is there some connection to Mother's Day. I hope not

You're going to regret asking in 3... 2... 1...

"Momsters" is the theme of the sale ;)

A number of the iTunes $4.99 titles are 4K, like "The Lost City of Z"

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Vudu has a bunch of horror films on sale. Is there some connection to Mother's Day. I hope not.

Anyhow, "Panic Room" is on sale for $6.99 which is the cheapest the HD digital has been on any service. It's also a MA title.

Well, looking through some of the titles for sale, I think there is a connection. The sale title is 50% off "Momsters".

Mom and Dad
Mommy Dead and Dearest
Mother's Day
Serial Mom
Mother!
Mom
Goodnight Mommy
The Eyes of My Mother
etc.

plus lots of other films with either evil children or mother

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Also The Mountain Between Us

Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Adventure

4K/HDR $4.99

iTunes.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I'm started to get alarmed by the number of films that are being downgraded from 4K to HD on iTunes. First it was Hunger Games, and now both Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available* in 4K. They are supposed to be expanding 4K content, not shrinking it!

Edit: Add Die Hard to the list. I have a sinking feeling that this has something to do with Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox...

* for sale in 4K. I've seen reports that people who already had access to 4K versions, still do. It's just going forward that 4K sales are unavailable.

Final edit: Whatever is going on at iTunes, it’s not limited to Fox. A bunch of Warner titles including all the Harry Potters just lost their 4K status as well. I think it’s a glitch, probably related to Apple TV’s new platform rollout and everything will eventually be back to normal.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm started to get alarmed by the number of films that are being downgraded from 4K to HD on iTunes. First it was Hunger Games, and now both Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available in 4K. They are supposed to be expanding 4K content, not shrinking it!

Edit: Add Die Hard to the list. I have a sinking feeling that this has something to do with Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox...

Never mind.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Crawdaddy is a great salesman! I bought Donovan's Reef last night, too! Haven't seen it in ages and have never owned it.
I just gone done watching the HD stream. Not great, but decent enough that it's an improvement over the 2001 DVD. I'll have more to say about it in my blog thread in the Blu-ray section.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm started to get alarmed by the number of films that are being downgraded from 4K to HD on iTunes. First it was Hunger Games, and now both Big and Mrs. Doubtfire are no longer available* in 4K. They are supposed to be expanding 4K content, not shrinking it!

* for sale in 4K. I've seen reports that people who already had access to 4K versions, still do. It's just going forward that 4K sales are unavailable.

Final edit: Whatever is going on at iTunes, it’s not limited to Fox. A bunch of Warner titles including all the Harry Potters just lost their 4K status as well. I think it’s a glitch, probably related to Apple TV’s new platform rollout and everything will eventually be back to normal.
Except for "The Hunger Games" the rest of the titles you mentioned in your post have returned to being in 4K.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
FYI, the 4K version of Die Hard 4 is $4.99 on iTunes. I picked up Die Hard 3 in 4K for the same price a few weeks ago.
I bought DH4 as well. I've never seen it. The Blu-Ray release only had the PG-13 version, so I didn't buy it. I figured I would hold out for the Unrated version. I'm glad this iTunes version has both the Unrated and the U.S. Theatrical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks