What's new

General Discussion Digital Movie/TV Deals (2 Viewers)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
While it doesn’t matter to me because I’m not a Hunger Games fan, but weren’t all four films available in 4K on iTunes before? The first film is now only available in HD. What happened?
That's odd. I purchased all four films on iTunes last July, I could have sworn all four were 4K. When I look at my library on my ATV4K now, though, the first film shows as HD while the other three are 4K w/ Dolby Vision. I watched these soon after purchasing them and have not checked them since, so I am not 100% certain the first was in 4K last year.

Is there somewhere I can see exactly what I purchased last July?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Settings - iTunes and App Store - Apple ID (at top) - Purchase History
I am not seeing that on my Apple TV 4K. Under Settings - Accounts - iTunes and App Store, there are the following items:

Signout
Password Settings
Add New AppleID
AppleID (with my AppleID account and a check mark next to it)

If I select the last item, nothing happens.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I am not seeing that on my Apple TV 4K. Under Settings - Accounts - iTunes and App Store, there are the following items:

Signout
Password Settings
Add New AppleID
AppleID (with my AppleID account and a check mark next to it)

If I select the last item, nothing happens.

Oh no - I mean on your iOS device, not Apple TV...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Oh no - I mean on your iOS device, not Apple TV...
Thanks. I just checked on my iPad, which is the only other Apple device I own. I did find it there. It shows the 4 film Hunger games set as an "HD film bundle", with no indication of 4K. However, I know when I bought the set they were in 4K, and all films except the first one are in 4K/DV right now.

Hopefully, it will get corrected soon. I am not in a hurry to revisit the films now anyway. Oh, and I'm not sure why there is no way to check this from Apple TV. If I didn't get a great deal on an iPad through Comcast for $120, I would have no way of looking at my purchase history. We have Windows 10 PCs, and my phone is an Android.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Paramount has been putting a lot of their catalog titles out on iTunes in HD with some pretty decent sale prices.
I just picked up these three titles for $4.99 each:

The Furies (1950)
Hellfire (1949)
Run For Cover (1955)

Run for Cover actually had been released on Blu-ray by Olive back in 2012 but as far as I can tell it's out of print and it has never been at a price I was willing to pay. I'm getting to the point where I'm preferring the pricing structure of digital purchases over disc these days!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Paramount has been putting a lot of their catalog titles out on iTunes in HD with some pretty decent sale prices.
I just picked up these three titles for $4.99 each:

The Furies (1950)
Hellfire (1949)
Run For Cover (1955)

Run for Cover actually had been released on Blu-ray by Olive back in 2012 but as far as I can tell it's out of print and it has never been at a price I was willing to pay. I'm getting to the point where I'm preferring the pricing structure of digital purchases over disc these days!
I bought Hellfire, but I didn't do so for the other two titles because I do own the Olive and Criterion Blu-rays. Another one I bought was Three Kings which I never upgraded the DVD. Strike that about "The Furies" as I just checked DVD Profiler and it's never been released on Blu-ray just the Criterion DVD.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought Hellfire, but I didn't do so for the other two titles because I do own the Olive and Criterion Blu-rays. Another one I bought was Three Kings which I never upgraded the DVD. Strike that about "The Furies" as I just checked DVD Profiler and it's never been released on Blu-ray just the Criterion DVD.
Hell, I ended up watching "The Furies" on iTunes this morning. I always liked this film more than many critics. It doesn't hurt that I simply love Barbara Stanwyck and have an affinity towards Gilbert Roland and Walter Huston.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
When you were talking about The Furies this morning, I remembered that I reviewed Criterion's DVD back in the day, and as much as I enjoyed the movie, I don't think I've watched it again since I reviewed it. I need to revisit it very soon, and your post has reminded me to take it off the shelf and get it ready for viewing at some point this weekend.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
The Furies is another film that I got to see in an archive 35mm print provided by MGM. Stunning presentation. Somewhat warped story, isn't it? Loved it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
When you were talking about The Furies this morning, I remembered that I reviewed Criterion's DVD back in the day, and as much as I enjoyed the movie, I don't think I've watched it again since I reviewed it. I need to revisit it very soon, and your post has reminded me to take it off the shelf and get it ready for viewing at some point this weekend.
After my post I decided to pull my Criterion DVD out of the book shelf as I plan on watching it again with the audio commentary and to compare the HD stream on iTunes to the DVD. I might get around to it this weekend, but it's sitting in my home theater so I'll get around to it in the near future.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Furies is another film that I got to see in an archive 35mm print provided by MGM. Stunning presentation. Somewhat warped story, isn't it? Loved it.
Most definitely which is part of its charm for me. Also, Ms. Stanwyck playing a woman 20 years younger than she was during filming which is a switch for actresses as male actors did so quite often.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Had never even heard of The Furies until this thread but a quick ask if Siri tells me I can stream it through Hulu so off we go... #streamingrocks

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hellfire looked damn good on iTunes. A strange western, but highly entertaining for me. Marie Windsor looked really good in TruColor. A blind buy that worked out fine for me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I see "Aquaman" 4K/UHD disc is $19.99 this week at Best Buy and Amazon. I wonder if iTunes will drop their pricing down to $9.99?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks