What's new

Digital copies that come with Blu-Ray actually expire (1 Viewer)

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Originally Posted by Marvin

On an unrelated point, does BD-Live content expire?
Umm. Depends on what you mean by "expire". Since BD-Live is, well, live, companies are free to update or kill the sites as they see fit--including deleting existing content. There's already been some lost from Star Trek Season 1.

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
i love digital copies with my blurays, i throw out the disk (cause i dont use them anyways) then reuse the bigger cases for some bluray collections.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Same thing happened to me with Risky Business, and Warner replied with:

"Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the Digital Copy feature for Risky Business. Unfortunately this feature has officially been discontinued. We appreciate your interest in this feature and hope to provide many more like it in the months to come.

Thanks again!

DIGITAL COPY SUPPORT"

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
"Digital copy": studio retards my ability to do with the DVD as I like, offers a crippled substitute, and pretends to be doing me a favor.

Needless to say, I agree with Andrew.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The more I think about it, the digital copy discs are kind of like the DivX discs that competed with DVD in the early days, expiring after a time unless you acted.

Both are failures.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
This is only going to get worse. Look at the gaming industry. The next generation of consoles may have more downloadable games than physical media because the companies hate people reselling the discs. They want to be able to kill games completely when they're done with them. Microsoft is almost there anyway, since their consoles are almost certain to fail after a while. When they quit making 360s, they'll probably end up pretty rare fast. Just like this iTunes garbage offering shit quality lossy audio files that are riddled with DRM...and they wonder why people prefer piracy.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Originally Posted by Viper ">[/url]

This is only going to get worse. Look at the gaming industry. The next generation of consoles may have more downloadable games than physical media because the companies hate people reselling the discs. They want to be able to kill games completely when they're done with them. Microsoft is almost there anyway, since their consoles are almost certain to fail after a while. When they quit making 360s, they'll probably end up pretty rare fast. Just like this iTunes garbage offering shit quality lossy audio files that are riddled with DRM...and they wonder why people prefer piracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks