Digital Conection

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ed St. Clair, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair Producer

Everyone or anyone out there holding back on buying a rec/pre or a DVD, while waiting for the digital conection that will allow us all, finally, to take the digital stream of an SACD or DVD-A signal from the DVD to the rec/pre?

If not, why not? If I may ask? Thank you.

2. Nicholas A. Gallegos

Nicholas A. Gallegos Stunt Coordinator

I seriously doubt that it's actually going to happen any time soon, as long as the recording industry is worried about people reproducing perfect digital copies from these formats.
    With that in mind, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another manufacturer besides Apex to release a good "swiss army knife" player that can do both DVD-A and SACD. Really, is it too much to ask? I can only think of a couple of receivers that have 2 sets of multi-channel analog inputs.
    [​IMG]

3. Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair Producer

2002 isn't that far off is my problem. There are DVD and preamp producers that are already advertising an upgrade path to the 'new' connection.

Oh well. Quess everyone will just buy all new gear in the future as well. To bad this has been held up. It's worse than the digital connector for HDTV!