What's new

digital coax vs optical (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
:D

Sheesh, when did $40 become cheap?!
Hahaha. I got both of the AQ cables on ultra clearance, for just $50 ea new, so I wasn't about to pass them up.

I'd say what Chu said regarding capacitance sounds reasonable. No matter, I am happy with these cables, and I still recommend coax over optical. The only optical I am using right now is from my PS2, and that is the $9 plastic variety.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I guess if we follow that "logic", a Ferrari Enzo which only runs on a special type of Mobile One motor oil is a poorly designed automobile
Funny that you mention the Enzo, in the recent issue of car they got to drive one around for a while and it broke down three times, one of which Ferrarri had to send people out to fix.

My car only takes one kind of oil lest you be left without warranty in the case of your engine exploding, which use of a different sort of oil may or may not contribute to. I consider that poorly designed...

In fact, oil is probably a better analogy than gas. Some very well designed cars need higher octane gas. It's simply the way the car works. To get a certain amount of power out of a certain size of engine you have to have a certain compression ratio, and higher compression ratios require better gasoline.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Exxon specifically? Pissed. But I can't see why that would be the case unless they just magically had the best gas, I'm not sure that there are peculiarities in engine design or the chemical makeup of gasoline that could require the use of a specific brand.

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
Ted Lee

You were right the first time. ;)

This is one of those theorectical vs. lab vs. anecdotal things. Everyone has expertise, has read lab studies or has experience that proves the superiority of their own prejudice.

Makes for interesting reading :thumbsdown:, but never will settle the issue...
But :emoji_thumbsup: that's what these forums are all about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks