Digital Cable?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Vic, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic

Vic Auditioning

I hope this doesnt offend anyone's ethical values but....
    Does any know how to descramble digital cable? Anyone have any experience with those digital cable filters? Do they work? And heres kind of a dumb question but Im new to the topic so I am not very well informed but will an old analog cable box work if you hook it up while other rooms have digital cable boxes using the digital signal? Thanks.

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    not the right place to ask this, i wouldnt expect to get much help here, the rules will be helpful to read.

CJ

3. Vic

Vic Auditioning

sorry

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Christ, I don’t think he’s trying to get digital cable on the sly. He wants to know if he can use both kinds of cable boxes at the same time.

Vic,

There are no filters with digital cable. It’s a completely different delivery system than analog cable, and you can’t “descramble” digital cable signals any more than you can descramble the output from say, a DVD player. It requires the proper device to convert the digital signal to analog audio and video signals.

However, usually analog and digital cable is delivered on the same feed, so you can get both simultaneously with the appropriate cable box. Alternately you can probably get basic analog cable tuned through your VCR or TV’s built-in tuners.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

5. Vic

Vic Auditioning

Thanks very much for your reply. I appreciate the input, but forgive me if I am asking you to reiterate what you just said but are you saying that it is even potentially impossible to activate channels and PPV with some sort of device or filter if not now but possibly in the future. There is absolutely no way to descramble channels like the old analog descramblers did? Thanks.

6. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    alright, i figured he was since he mentioned our ethical values. sorry about that vic.

CJ

7. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

No. And discusson of how to get free CATV service, copy DVD's, pirate movies, share MP3's or any other words that mean 'steal' something is forbidden here at HTF.

Dont worry Vic. You did not offend my ethics, but you did make my short-list. I strongly suggest you read our rules before posting anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.