Digital Cable TV Problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CharlieK, Nov 4, 2001.

1. CharlieK

CharlieK Auditioning

I had Time Warner Digital Cable installed on Friday. The box they gave me was the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 and hooked it up using S-Video to my TV and digital coax and analog L/R to my receiver. Included with my install package was a month of free regular digital channels (MTV2, MuchMusic, etc.) and basic movie channels (WAM!, FOX Movie Channel, etc.). The problem is that none of my digital channels are showing up except for a VERY pixelated WAM!. I suspect that the problem is that I'm running RG59 throug the whole house and that I need RG6 for digital channels. When I asked the guy who "installed" it for me if I needed RG6 he said that I shouldn't. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Charlie

2. Doug_H

Doug_H Supporting Actor

RG59 will work but you have to have a very strong signal into the digital box. I just got finished laying new cable in my house this morning. I am running 6 TV's and Road Runner.
    If you have more than 2 splitters in your house you may have a problem. You can try using splitters that don't drop the signal as much as the standard splitters.
    If that doesn't work try a power booster. If you still have no luck you may be forced to run a dedicated line to that TV.
    ------------------
    The Mischievous Rogue Strikes Again! The Humble Hanson Theater