digital cable set up

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mikey L, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Mikey L

Mikey L Agent

I am relatively new to the increasingly addictive world of home theater, and have just upgraded to digital cable. I have a few set up questions. My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V620, and the only coax audio in that i can find is marked "CD". Can I use that to connect my cable audio? Also, I am running my cable through an ancient VCR that is not stereo enabled and without S-Video. Can I run S-Video directly from my cable box to my reciever, then to my TV? Do I have to upgrade my VCR? If so, what imput would I use? I apologize if I am not giving enough info or asking the right questions, but I just want the best quality sound and video that digital cable can offer.

2. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

if your digital box is like mine, then you should be able to run the a/v signals directly out of the box to your receiver.

in my case, i'm running the composite cabling, but i imagine the s-video will also do the same thing. i'm not sure what you mean by coax audio though.

i'm assuming your receiver has something like video 1 and video 2? if so, i'd run the signals from the cable box to one of those inputs. it sounds like you've already got a monitor out from the receiver going to your tv.

that should work for ya perfectly!

3. GregY

GregY Stunt Coordinator