What's new

Digital Cable or Directv for HDTV ? (1 Viewer)

Ken Ingram

Stunt Coordinator
Which of These look better on Hdtv's or are they about the same? I know the Hi def channels look great from both of them but what about standard Def?

Ken_F

Stunt Coordinator
Ken I,

I already replied to your posting in the other thread, but here it is again.

As for Dish Network and DirecTV, the HDTV is of comparable quality (no difference I can tell). On most standard channels (there are exceptions), DirecTV has better quality than Dish Network. Last year, DirecTV went through a period where their picture quality was pretty bad, but some months ago, they used the bandwidth regained by off-loading locals [to a new spotbeam satellite] to improve picture quality. Dish Network could do the same, but they have not done so yet.

As for digital cable, that depends on your particular cable network. The quality of digital cable varies widely by cable company and location. Some digital cable networks look better than DirecTV. Many look worse. Some look much worse.

For the record, I currently subscribe to both Dish and DirecTV, and will be adding Comcast soon (for its upcoming HDTV regional sports network with all Orioles, Wizards, and Capitals home games in HDTV).

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Ken F
Welcome back..Everyone thought you dropped off the face of the earth...Your knowledge and expertise in the area of HDTV was really missed...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks