What's new

Digital Cable & My Panny (1 Viewer)

Chris Duran

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Panny PT-47WX49 16x9 tv, and just got HD cable today through Time Warner. I have the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3100 HD cable box, hooked up through component for my HD HBO(s), and Showtime(s)the HD HBO(s) and Showtime(s) look stunning! Regular cable looks alright, nothing like HD though. My question though, should I view normal cable through the component or switch it to channel 3 to view regular programming? The reason I ask because my Panny locks on to the aspect ratio, I think that's what it's doing, and with regular cable which is in 4x3 there are black bars on both sides, should this be a concern for burn in? If it is, I'll just switch to channel 3 and watch regular cable through there were I can change the zoom mode. Thanks, if you need any other info please let me know.

SeanWillis

Agent
Yes, watching regular cable in 4:3 is a concern for burn in. Just hook your box up to the television using the S-video or composite cables so you can use your stretch modes on regular cable.

Cheers,

Sean

GarySI

Stunt Coordinator
I agree,use the S-video for everything but HD. I'm in staten Island NY and had my 3100 installed a few weeks ago. Great picture, though some of the stations (WB, Fox) leave a lot to be desired. I have the panny also, have tweaked it myself but will have it ISF'd after the new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks