What's new

digital cable music (1 Viewer)

John David

Auditioning
I was using the music channels on my digital cable and I've noticed that the volume levels are much much lower than that coming from say a cd. Does anyone know if there is an internal volume setting on the digital cable or some other issue. Thanks.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
How are you feeding the signal from your cable box to the receiver?

I have a motarola box. If you use the analog (RCA) cables there IS a volume setting in the audio menu on the box. There is a flag on the display around 15 out of 20 on the scale at which it says STERO. This is the point at which they suggest you set the volume and then do your adjustments with the reciever after that. Kind of like plugging a portable CD into the headphone jack and then into a stero. You need to adjust the OUTPUT volume of the player to a decent level and then adjust it with the stero.

If for digital music (only music and some channels have a digital signal anyway) you use a coax or optical cable my box has NO volume output adjustment. It is loud enough through the digital outoput for me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks