Digital Cable is Grainy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig(V)Remeika, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Craig(V)Remeika

Craig(V)Remeika Auditioning

I recently subscribed to digital cable here in Vegas. On the HBO channels the picture seems great (I own A pt53wx52) but on almost every other channel the signal seems weak the picture fits good on the 16x9 aspect but the grainy picture leaves much to be desired. Is there any suggestions out there that can help this or is Cox Cable the one to blame for sub par quality output?
    Also since the panny is brand new does anyone have any suggestions how proper setup/calibration of this unit?
    If anyone has any contacts locally for an ISF tech I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Craig,

First, welcome to the Forum!

Your experience with digital cable – great picture on premium channels, grainy on everything else – is the nature of the beast. There have been many threads on this Forum discussing the attributes of digital cable compared to mini-satellite systems. The general consensus usually ends up the same, that digital cable is more about adding additional channels than improving picture quality.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt