What's new

digital cable connection (1 Viewer)

Ryan Westy

Auditioning
Howdy everyone!

I am a first time home owner and new to HT. I just purchased a Toshiba 57" widescreen Cinema Series (57HX81). I am using Time Warner Digital Cable, but I can't figure out how to get my split screen pip to work by going through the Scientific Atlantic Explorer 2000. I am on the waiting list for the HD version.

I appreciate in advance your responses

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
First you need to find out whether your PIP can be done with any two inputs (for example DVD and VCR) or whether it only works with the TV's built in tuner and one other input, or whether it works only with two built in TV tuners provided.
Next you have to have two tuner boxes for your digital cable if you want two different channels to be eligible for PIP. With one cable tuner box, the other picture in the PIP has to come from something else such as DVD or a regular NTSC broadcast selected by the TV's own tuner.
Finally, if your TV's PIP only works with built in tuners, you will need to run your cable tuner box composite video output through an RF modulator (or a VCR) to feed it to the TV as NTSC channel 3 or 4.
Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks