What's new

Digital Cable and Tivo (1 Viewer)

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
Io Digital Cable and Tivo. I am considering moving from DirecTv to Io Digital cable. Currently I have a 2 tuner DirectTivo. With DirecTv I can record 2 different shows at the same time. Can I do with Digital cable as well? Since I would need a need a new Tivo, any recommendations one the best one for Digital Cable?

By the way the only reason I am considering the move to Digital Cable is no line of sight for DTV at my new home....

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
There aren't any regular tivo units available with this capability. Time Warner cable has a DVR unit that has dual tuners, but it's the only one that I know of and the software is buggy and doesn't have nearly the features that tivo does.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Since I would need a need a new Tivo, any recommendations one the best one for Digital Cable?
There's no real advantage to any particular model as far as "digital cable" is concerned. Unlike your DirecTiVo, all of the regular units take the analog signal from the digital cable box, and they all do it the same way.

M.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Stand-alone TiVos do not have dual tuners. There is, however, a way to watch one program while recording another. Split your cable so it goes into both the TiVo and the TV. The only caveat is that you will only be able to receive the analog channels through the TV. No premium channels directly through the TV. I get the first 100 channels or so directly through my TV. Works for me!

P.S. TiVo has a deal on refurbed units through their Web site-$249 for 80 hours. With stand-alones, you can use their HMO option for digital photos, mp3s and remote scheduling. They also have a deal on that until the end of this month-$40 off.

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
If there's no line of sight for DTV, then you're not really *considering* switching, right? You've got no choice.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread