What's new

Digital Bruce Willis in Pearl Harbor? (1 Viewer)

Travis D

Second Unit
Got to add that the guy in the movie has the copyrighted Bruce Willis Face® on. And the oil could easily be added digitally if he was taken from Die Hard digitally.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here's my own screen capture taken right from the start of Chapter Stop 20 of Die Hard. NOT the shot in PH, but you see what Bruce looked like back in those days. The "oil" or whatever the dark stuff is was indeed likely added digitally.
Also, from what I briefly saw, the tattoo on his shoulder should be on the other arm, so perhaps the image was flipped to better compose the scene in PH.
BruceWillisInDieHard.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Guys,

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but take a closer look at the pictures in question. Look at the face and compare that to the picture of Willis. Specifically, the guy in the PH photos clearly has a longer nose and his face is narrower than Willis.

Crawdaddy

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just don't know. Whoever that guy is is in 'PH' he sure is a dead ringer for Bruce. On the other hand, knowing the 'DH' films back to front, I can think of no one shot where McClain has that precise look on his face, and walks in that precise manner as we see in 'PH'.
So if that shot was taken from one of the 'DH' films, which one, and more importantly, which shot? BTW, he did have alot of oil and black stuff running down his arm in 'DHWAV', if they used a shot of him from a 'DH' film, it was more likly 'DHWAV' rather than the original.
If it is him, perhaps maybe Bruce was visiting the set that day, and Bay asked him to do it, after all they're probably friends after doing 'Armageddon' together.

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
At first glance I thought, not even close. On further inspection, bringing up two windows and comparing them side by side, I can't believe there's even a discussion. Forget all the dis-similarities in the face, look at the ears.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Forget all the dis-similarities in the face, look at the ears.
Hell, look at the rather distinctive sideburns. That peculiar shape that you see in the DH pic I posted is DEFINATELY the same one from the guy in PH.

And Crawdaddy: the "long" look of the nose and the thinness of the face are probably just the angle it's viewed at.

Lastly, who say's it's not taken from a deleted scene?

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
If it really is Bruce Willis taken from a shot in "Die Hard," it would probably be from towards the end of the film, where he is indeed covered with blood and grime. Remember how grungy his shirt was after he went through the air shaft?

It'll be a couple of days before I can have access to a DVD-ROM drive to do a capture, but look at the scene where McClane has taped the gun to his back. He walks down a ramp while holding an Uzi that doesn't have any bullets in it, talking to Gruber. It looks to me like this shot would have been taken from that scene.

If anyone can do a screen grab from that scene for comparison, it would help.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
but look at the scene where McClane has taped the gun to his back. He walks down a ramp while holding an Uzi that doesn't have any bullets in it, talking to Gruber. It looks to me like this shot would have been taken from that scene.
For some reason, I thought that McClain wasn't wearing a shirt at this point in time.

RogerB

Second Unit
The dude from PH has bigger ears, slimmer face, less hair and his front teeth are more prominent.
notbruce.JPG

Travis D

Second Unit
Has anyone even thought of the Pearl Habor references in Die Hard's 1 & 2?

From DH1:Takagi:

Looks like ou just came from Pearl Harbor
Now the later quote is what really makes me think. But I"m probably stretching this further than a peice of silly putty.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Travis, you might be onto something there I think. It makes perfect sense, they made not one but two referrences to PH in the 'DH' films, and now some guy who looks EXACTLY like Bruce, shows up in a PH movie directed by a man who has worked with Bruce before, and has undoubtdly seen all of the 'DH' films!? That can't be a coincidence!
I think it's him.

Blu

Screenwriter
Perhaps it is a double intended to look like a DH Bruce Willis specifically to bring up this kind of discusseion?

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I sent an e-mail to Roger Ebert's Movie Answer Man column about this, including the pictures posted here. He was pretty good at getting to the bottom of the controversy over the woman's face that appeared at Don Corleone's funeral in "The Godfather," so maybe he'll contact Michael Bay about this.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
For some reason, I thought that McClain wasn't wearing a shirt at this point in time
EXACTLY. Up until the time when McClain enters the air shaft, his muscle shirt is noticably white, even though bloodied up a bit.
Right after he gets out of the air shaft, which is when the "Twinkie" cop ("Pal" :) ) shows up and starts his drive-through, ending up with McClain's "Welcome to the party, pal!", you can see that McClain's shirt is so dirty at that point (and going forward from there), that it looks more of an olive green Army-type shirt.
After Hans and Karl shoot up the glass and force McClain to run barefoot on broken glass, he goes into a bathroom and pulls the shards out of his feet, and wraps them. He takes his shirt off, and it stays off for the rest of the film (if I recall right, he uses the cloth from the shirt to wrap his bloody feet).
By the time he has his showdown with Karl (a scene I mentioned before, but in retrospect a mistake), he is bare-chested and you don't see any t-shirt on by the time he faces Hans and the missus.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jeez, I hope you guys never have to view a lineup.:D
I can't believe this "controversy" is still going on. To my eyes, it is so clearly NOT Bruce Willis, the resemblance is slight at most.
Ah..the internet. Birthplace of the most imaginitive rumors.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks