Digital Bits WB Release Date Confusion?!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Williams, Dec 29, 2003.

1. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

After reading the Bits big post-holiday release date news, I must say I'm confused. According to the Bits, WB is releasing the Batman Beyond discs on 2/3 instead of 3/2, Absolutely Fabulous: Series 5 on 2/17 instead of 3/16, The Police Academy septology on 3/9 instead of 4/6, and Babylon 5: The Complete Fifth Season - The Wheel of Fire on 3/16 instead of 4/13.

Most of this stuff has been announced recently by WB for the dates I gave... did they suddenly change their mind to the new dates given by the Bits or did they really screw up? [​IMG]

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

They grabbed the "Order Due" dates instead of the "Street Date" on each of those. They're right next to each other in Warner's listings; it's an easy mistake to make.

David Williams, your dates are correct. I'll shoot Bill Hunt a note real quick and point him toward this thread. I'm sure we can cut them some slack during the holidays! [​IMG]

3. TomWoodward

TomWoodward Second Unit

Hehe, aye, that's what I keep on doing. Happens ever more over Christmas as I'm very rarely fully conscious [​IMG] They really should mark advertisements etc a little more clearly though, WB are probably the worst offenders...

4. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Many thanks for the info, as always, David. No probs with the Bits here! [​IMG]