What's new

Digital bits sinks to new low (1 Viewer)

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
DVD Resource was my first introduction too, eventually leading me to The Bits, which eventually led me here. DVD Resource was great, especially when Steve showed us the construction of his house! A greatly missed site.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I share in Bill's frustration when people complain over a free resource. If I had a dollar for every hate mail I received during my tenure as DVD Guy... hey, wait, that might be a good source of revenue for my next site! :D

It stopped being fun. In the waning months of the site, I closed on a house (which was in itself an ordeal to build). Right after that, there was a death in the immediate family. And shortly after that, I ended up in the hospital. I had to change my priorities.

- Steve

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Steve, I certainly can understand about life's priorities changing for you.

As you can see, your site helped lead us to this site and for that many of us are forever grateful.

Keep us up to date if begins to happen. I'm sure you would get alot of traffic. :)

Bill Hunt

Insider
Good to see you 'round, Steve. Not many of us oldtimers left!

By the way, thanks to all of you for your kind words. We're grateful for all the support. Even Todd, who's at home in bed (speaking of hospital visits) recovering from double knee surgery and is FINALLY coherent again. I'll tell you, I don't think he remembers anything from the entire week after his op. Next week he's gonna be like, "WTF? Star Wars finally came out and I MISSED it?!" ;-)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Bill & Co.(& Ron & Parker, and Steve's "DVD-R");

I don't visit many sites anymore, but TDB and HTF (and back in the day DVD-R) are a daily source of personal bandwidth.

Back in Steve's DVD-R days, he often had to get several tips from visitors to the site (including myself - remember Stop Making Sense, Steve? One TH fan to another :) ...). Nowadays, as has been said, studios will try to get promotion with as little expense as possible.

DVD ain't no niche anymore...

Be thankful they're here at all. It's a lot of work for (next to) no money.

Bless you, guys!

Hey, Bill - maybe you should give Steve a rant column! It would be just like old times :D ...

Jonathan Kaye

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Kaye
I don't care how many ads the Bits and HTF have to run. If it keeps them going so that we all get to read and discuss the latest in the HT world for free, then that's fine by me. Keep up the good work, everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks