Digital Bits rumoring Wrath of Khan SE

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertCharlotte, Mar 1, 2002.

1. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

[Arnold Schwarznegger]

Its not a rumor.

[/Arnold Schwarznegger]

Paramount Home Entertainment has said that the sequels to Star Trek: The Motion Picture would be revisited as special editions.

3. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

When Wrath of Kahn hit the theaters, a long-time movie critic in the SF Bay Area was giving his usual Friday report on the new films. Knowing that this critic was not a Star Trek fan, the host asked something like: "And that new Star Trek movie, pretty bad huh?"
    The response was a suprising: "If there never was a Star Trek franchise, this movie could stand on its own. It's that good!".
    The SE for this film is one disk I will not grumble about purchasing a duplicate.

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Without running to The Bits right this second to verify, I think the original poster has it wrong. When I checked The Bits this morning, what I read was that the ST2:TWOK SE set was verified as being in June (something HTFers knew a long time ago thanks to Ron and Martin), but that the new rumor was that the ST3:TSFS SE would be out around November, to try to capitalize on the new film hitting theaters.

6. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

Yeah, David is right, I did misread that release. A closer reading suggests that the "rumor" portion applies only to the Search for Spock release:

7. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Anyone know if these are gonna be new transfers?
    While the "Wrath" transfer is decent, it CERTAINLY could be better, and the sound is pretty lame. The dialog emanates from all 3 front speakers and is mono I believe. Not much for the sub to do as well....
    And some of the films (V and generations...)don't even have anamorphic transfers!
    If they want my dollars, they better not just use the same dated transfers and a few probably non-anamorphic deleted scenes cobbled togetner from a workprint or a 3/4" master!