What's new

Digital Bits rumor mill: BTTF and The Sting next summer! (1 Viewer)

Rich P

Stunt Coordinator
:confused:
BTTF = Back to the Future
Since I had to open to link to realize which movie was being discussed, I thought that others might not know either. :)

PhilShen

Grip
George, I see that you frequent both TheDigitalBits and DVDFile regularly like me. :) You might want to update the post title to the other site.
BTTF is one of my favorite series and would be nice to have on DVD. I also hope that this rumor gets confirmed soon.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Doh! I was so exccited I didn't realize I had the wrong site. If an admin would be good enough to change the title that would be great.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I changed the credit to Digital Bits but I am going to leave it as Back To The Future as that would make for a really long title.

Parker

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Slap Shot: Collector's Edition!?!?! YES!!!!
I'm praying that we will see BTTF on DVD sooner than later, I've been waiting for the trilogy ever since I first got my DVD player.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Someone on this forum recently stated to the effect that the BTTF trilogy was already made on DVD and has been sitting around for a few years, most likely in a warehouse. If this is true, would this be the release we get? Obviously, DVD quality - particularly the video - has improved tremendously over the last couple of years.
Would Universal create new transfers or simply release the older - mostly likely subpar to today's standard release?

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
I'll believe it when I've gone through all three discs without incident and the parting words "The End" appears on Part III. Then I'll say, "Finally! I got Back to the Future on DVD!"

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
When you tie all the info with the rumors and look at the most recent sources...I'm considering it 95% for sure, mid-May 2002.

You never know, but after 4 years of playing this game you get used to the patterns.

Luis A

Second Unit
The Digital Bits rumor mill IMO has been pretty much dead on. This will be an awesome set when it comes out.:)
L

Scott W.

Second Unit
Slap Shot collectors edition? Way Cool! I never heard of this but Matt Chmiel mentions it. This is a wicked 'guy' movie. I'd buy it in a minute... even though I have the original release.
Scott

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I want to reitterate a VERY BIG CONCERN noted above. If the rumor is true and the old rumor about the discs being pressed and sitting in a warehouse are true.....

Yes, compression technology and DVD tech. in general has improved greatly since these would have been pressed. Will we get these and then Ultimate Editions.....Will Universal put out what might be considered a subpar product (not sure if they would want to after the whole JP DTS thing).....

Or, they could release what is stored and then never release any others and then we'll never know how much they could have improved, though if it really is "poor" by today's standards I'm sure we'll be able to notice.

Who knows.....

Either way I will be very happy if this comes out and woa, it's going to be an expensive 2002:

BTTF tril.

Slapshot SE

Sting SE

True Lies SE

Speed SE

ET

TNG1

TNG2

Say Anything?

Indy Tril?

SW AotC ?

and so on .....

MikeF

Stunt Coordinator
Who came up with this idiotic idea that the DVDs are pressed and sitting in a warehouse somewhere? This just sounds like hogwash.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I hope the Universal SE's of the licenced Image titles are not too far away.

MST3K: The Movie, the Marx Bros. films, the Road to ___ films, and even greats like Double Indemmity need SE DVD's.

New transfers and added features would be really nice!

CraigMc

Grip
Who came up with this idiotic idea that the DVDs are pressed and sitting in a warehouse somewhere? This just sounds like hogwash.
It's all rumour and IMO, not true. From everything else I've read, reports from "industry insiders" indicate that the discs hadn't event been put together at all. One of these reports came from Bob Gale (BTTF producer) himself.

Rather, some gathering of extras, recording of commentaries, and development of featurettes had been done, but not accumulated even close to the mastering stage.

I would speculate that perhaps the transfers had been completed and authored way back in 1997, but like most discs then probably would have been bare-bones extras wise.

I would be very very surprised (and disappointed) if the existing transfers were used. Twister SE demonstrates the improvements in compression technology today, and if nothing else, BTTF will benefit from this.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Actually, it wasn't DVD's that were sitting in a warehouse. It was old laserdiscs bundled up and discarded in an alleyway.
;)
- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks