What's new

Digital Audio with XBOX 360 (1 Viewer)

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
Hey Guys,

How do I get digital audio with the XBOX360?

The connection I have now is the blue/green/and red going to the back of my tv and the red and whites going into the receiver (thats the only way I could get any audio at all).

I went into the XBOX360 set up options and choose the digital options but still no digital audio.

Any thoughts?

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
For Xbox360 you will have to buy the high definition expansion pack to utilize digital audio. Go to Best Buy and tell them what you need they should be able to help you find what you need. Do you have component video cables for you Xbox360? What make and model TV do you have?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Joe - it sounds like you already have a Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable (blue/green/red). The red and white RCA cables will only provide you with stereo sound, so you can remove these. You will need to purchase a Digital Optical Audio cable in order to get surround sound. First make sure that your receiver has a Digital Optical Audio input.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...gitalaudio.htm

This cable can be purchased at a reasonable price from sites such as Blue Jeans Cable or Monoprice.

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
thanks Alon, I didnt think I had a optical input on the xbox (it is cleverly hidden).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks