Digital Audio Coax Splitter??

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Paul.H, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Paul.H

Paul.H Auditioning

Hi, I have SA Explorer 3250HD cable box. There is only coax digital audio out, no optical. The problem is my receiver only has one digital coax in. I am using that for my DVD player, which doesnt have optical out. I was wondering if there is a type of splitter or switch to run two digital audio coaxes into one digital coax in? Sorry if this sounds confusing, I think I gave all the details. Thanks for any help. Paul

2. Mark:F

Mark:F Stunt Coordinator

A longshot. I had the same problem. But I found that my receiver, in the digital input area, had a jack "DVD" in addition to the optical and digital coax input jacks. This DVD jack was never noted in the receiver's manual, it was just there. I ran digital coax into it from the DVD and bingo, it worked!

3. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    Paul it is a very simple solution. You can get a high isolation A/B swith with F connectors from places like partexpress.com or Radio Shack for $8-10 plus RCA to F adapters. There are even A/B/C switches. Radio Shack even makes a (RF) remote controlled one that you can either use with their remote or program it into your universal. It is catalog number 15-1968 and is $39.99 and you would also need the adapters and can either use the cables you have or buy cables with F connectors and get an RCA adapter for the one that goes into your equipment or customer make a cable as well.

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Just use a video switch box, or a converter to optical.

6. Paul.H

Paul.H Auditioning

Thanks everybody. This forum is great! I went to RadioShack and bought the Coax to Toslink converter. Worked like a charm. Watching the NHL All Star game in HD and in full digital surround. Thanks again!!!