1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Digital Audio Coax Splitter??

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Paul.H, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Paul.H

Paul.H Auditioning

Hi, I have SA Explorer 3250HD cable box. There is only coax digital audio out, no optical. The problem is my receiver only has one digital coax in. I am using that for my DVD player, which doesnt have optical out. I was wondering if there is a type of splitter or switch to run two digital audio coaxes into one digital coax in? Sorry if this sounds confusing, I think I gave all the details. Thanks for any help. Paul

2. Mark:F

Mark:F Stunt Coordinator

A longshot. I had the same problem. But I found that my receiver, in the digital input area, had a jack "DVD" in addition to the optical and digital coax input jacks. This DVD jack was never noted in the receiver's manual, it was just there. I ran digital coax into it from the DVD and bingo, it worked!

3. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

4. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Paul it is a very simple solution. You can get a high isolation A/B swith with F connectors from places like partexpress.com or Radio Shack for $8-10 plus RCA to F adapters. There are even A/B/C switches. Radio Shack even makes a (RF) remote controlled one that you can either use with their remote or program it into your universal. It is catalog number 15-1968 and is $39.99 and you would also need the adapters and can either use the cables you have or buy cables with F connectors and get an RCA adapter for the one that goes into your equipment or customer make a cable as well.

5. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Just use a video switch box, or a converter to optical.

6. Paul.H

Paul.H Auditioning

Thanks everybody. This forum is great! I went to RadioShack and bought the Coax to Toslink converter. Worked like a charm. Watching the NHL All Star game in HD and in full digital surround. Thanks again!!!