What's new

digital audio cable and sub cable... (1 Viewer)

Jon K

Auditioning
hey,
i was at Fry's today and saw a 3foot rca brand video cable that is 75 ohm and has the RCA jacks for $2.99...can i use this for my digital coax cable for my audio from the dvd to the receiver? the 6foot version is $4.99, can i use that one for the subwoofer?
so basically my question is can a 75ohm video cable with RCA jacks be used as a digital audio coax and/or sub cable? TIA

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
John,
While some people may feel obligated to give you a thesis on the answer they give you, I will keep it short and just say "absolutely!"
wink.gif
Enjoy, and welcome to the forum (if you have not been welcomed already).
Dan Hine

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Ditto here...
No reason to spend a dime more..odds are pretty darn high that you'll enjoy the same awesome sound with that $2.99 cable that the poor guy who spent a whole paycheck on a boutique cable that serves the same purpose :)
Alfer
------------------
Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at Link Removed
Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Link Removed

Tor Arne

Stunt Coordinator
Sure. It will work as good as any other cable for the digital connection. The same goes for the sub-connection as long as you keep it away from hi-voltage cables. If it's going to cross or run close to, for example the mains (110V or 220V), then you should consider a shielded cable.
Enjoy!
Tor Arne Hustvedt
Norway

Jon K

Auditioning
thanks for the quick and straight forward answers...
Tor Arne: when you say "mains"...are you talking about the main left and right speakers? if anyone else knows what he meant, is he saying not to run the sub cable with the speaker cable unless it's shielded?

Jon K

Auditioning
cool...thanks for all the information :)
i will post pics when it is all set up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks