What's new

Digital/Analog: Receivers that offer best of both worlds (1 Viewer)

Joe Cortez

Stunt Coordinator
So after six long years I'm finally ready to breakdown and buy a new receiver with one small caveat.

Obviously, I'm looking for something that has atleast two HDMI inputs, can pass through 1080p video and decode all the latest digital audio formats BUT also has an analog Phono input for a turntable. As I'm still unwilling to give up my vinyl collection due to what I feel is superior audio quality, this is a pretty big deal to me and would like to avoid passing this audio through an auxiliary input via a pre-amp.

Any suggestions on a receiver that can handle my needs?

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Good luck, I'm not aware of any current full featured A/V receivers or processors that have phono inputs. IIRC, Yamaha was the last major manufacturer to offer a phono input on most of their A/V receivers.

I have to admit, I'm curious. If you're that hard core a vinyl enthusiast, why would you want to run your TT ouputs into what would be a second rate built-in phone pre-amp? I would think you would want an external phono stage, it would almost certainly be better than just about any built-in circuit.

Joe Cortez

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I guess I should have clarified that I was looking for an all in one solution to my problem, although I may look into the alternative if no other solution presents itself.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I'll be damned, the 805 and 705 both have phono input.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
However, I would still recommend going with an expternal phono stage. Even an inexpensive model like the Bellari VP129 (

Joe Cortez

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the recommendations folks. I was eyeing the 805 last year but can't remember why I passed, may have been the lip sync issue I've read about. Still an impressive machine with or without a phono input.

Dan, I wasn't aware of the Bellari VP129 but if it can deliver the quality promised for the price. (it's closer to $250 online, still a good deal) then I'll have to look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks