What's new

DIGIPAKS(cardboard cases) is creative,but it KILLS your discs! (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I personally have never had a floater in any digipak that I have ever bought, I have with Alpha's & Amaray's but not Digipaks....but that's just my experience, YMMV.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I use that technique for Alphas and still end up bending the discs because the hub won't let go. I hate those things. Give me a snapper over that any day.

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
Use an old CDR or AOL disc to wear down the hubs. Take the disc in and out 10-15 times. This will loosen them up to where they're just fine
I have a better suggestion: place the disc on a carpeted floor (or other similarly spongy surface), and then press down on the hub. You will find that the disc releases with minimal pressure.

This technique works for other "difficult" hub designs (like the Scavano), as well.

I still don't like these cases, because they can't be replaced in the event of damage, and they are highly susceptible to wear.

RD

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
I use that technique for Alphas and still end up bending the discs because the hub won't let go. I hate those things.
Hrmph. The Alpha is my favorite case, because there is virtually zero friction on the disc hub.

With a little practice, I was able to release the discs with one hand.

Ryan Wong

Stunt Coordinator
I have quite a few DVDs with digipak packaging. I have no problem taking the disc out of it.

Yang, you think the packaging for Pearl Harbor Director Cut is nice? That is just a paper envelope! How can it protect the disc?

There will be a new Harry Potter Special Edition coming out?? How can I find more details?

Alex K.

Agent
There will be a new Harry Potter Special Edition coming out?? How can I find more details?
Check out the date of his post: March 29th, 2002
The special edition is just the regular edition out now.
I personally love digipack. When im ordering a digipack, i look more forward to its arrival. I know its gonna look great :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks