digifire 7.1 or a audigy 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by tetsuo_ns, Jan 9, 2003.

1. tetsuo_ns

tetsuo_ns Auditioning

i am trying to set up my pc for music use but dont like the music playback of my audigy 1.would the digifire be an improvment or not?i was looking at the m-audio cards but would have trouble getting one in my country.

2. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

I'm afraid I don't know much about the digifire7.1 I know the audigy 2 is a good improvement over the audigy 1. the m-audio would be the best of the lot, but sounds like it's not much good for you.

as far as the digifire, hercules has set up a rather good reputation for themselves so it wouldn't take much for me to say it's a good choice for a card. it does support DDex and DTSes so you won't be lacking in features. I'd say go for it as I have no love for creative.

3. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Instead of the Digifire might want to look at either the Fortissimo III 7.1 or the Game Theater XP 7.1

4. Gordon Moore

Gordon Moore Second Unit

If you could use the Firewire ports then go for Digifire....If it's not a concern then save a few bucks and get the Fortissimo III (I have that card if you have any questions).
    In terms of sound they are identical.
    For a review of the two cards: http://www.tomshardware.com/video/20021023/index.html

5. Tekara

Tekara Supporting Actor

the digifire and the fortissimo are the same basic card just that the digifire has a few aditional features. if you want to hear user opinions on the card try asking in these forums: http://www.hardforums.com I'm not a big fan of the main site, but the forum community is great.
    Also, I would take any review you read over at Tom's hardware guide with a grain of salt, that site has little reputability in the extreme computer user realm. kinda like bose in the home theater world. . . easy to sell off on those that don't know better.