Dig Coax Switchbox?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan_Isaacs, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Dan_Isaacs

Dan_Isaacs Extra

I've searched for the last few months, and have not seen what I need. I have two componets that have dig. coax out (dig. cable box, and DVD) but only one dig. coax input on my reciever (sony db1070). I've been just moving the cable back and forth, but this is both tedious and difficult.

What I need is an A/B selction box for the digital coax cables. Anyone seen or heard of such a thing?

2. Richard Burzynski

Richard Burzynski Second Unit

Dan:

Just use an RCA Y splitter, One Male end (for receiver input) and 2 female ends (for the RCA ("digital coax") cables from your DVD player & cable box). Will work with no problem just make sure not to run both units at the same time. Should cost you all of $5.

Rich B.

3. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

or get a cheap a/v switchbox and use the yellow composite video inputs.

4. myke

myke Extra

What I used was a remote controlled A/B CATV switcher from Radio Shack. It works perfectly, and I picked one up 'open box' for just $20.
    I had tried other remote controlled A/V switchboxes using the yellow (Video) jacks, but none of them worked (don't support a wide enough bandwidth I'd guess). Any cheap manual switchbox should have no problems, but then you have to get up [​IMG]