What's new

DIG! - An Interloper Film!! (1 Viewer)

camilo_m

Agent
Ok, I was reading about this documentary, and it's definitely a "must see!"

DIG! is the feature-length documentary shot over seven years about musicians Anton Newcombe, leader of The Brian Jonestown Massacre, and Courtney Taylor, head of The Dandy Warhols - star-crossed friends and bitter rivals. From the moment they met, The Dandy Warhols and The Brian Jonestown Massacre quickly bonded over a desire to not conform to the tastes of the recording industry. Yet the bands' choices over how to express their creativity and originality in a profit-driven industry eventually put them at irreconcilable odds

Culled from 1,500 hours of footage and narrated by Courtney Taylor, DIG! follows the underground giant Anton Newcombe, unearthing him to be an important yet largely unnoticed artist of our time.

DIG! is about both musicians' love and obsession, gigs and recordings, arrests and death threats, uppers and downers - their choices between art and industry, which unfold with the passage of time.

DIG! will debut as a collectible 2-DVD set . The first DVD includes the film and features a special interactive viewing experience allowing the viewer to watch deleted scenes in the context of the film. Also included on the first disc are commentary tracks with both bands and the filmmakers. The second bonus DVD contains over 2 hours of additional unseen material including deleted scenes, "where are they now?" updates, performance videos, Dandy Warhols videos, footage from MTV's Subterranean, and much more! In their highly informative and often comedic commentary tracks, each band reunites to view DIG! together for the first time … reliving their exploits, melees, drug abuse, and conflicts, even sometimes finding resolution...

Anyway, I've never seen a documentary like this one before, and with good bands!!!. And I'm so interested in this one, that I already pre-ordered it at amazon.com. Because the dvd is hitting the stores on April 12th ...

Have any of you seen it before? I also saw it was the winner of grand jury prize of Sundance film festival, last year.....

[url=http://assets.m80im.com/teams/dig/dig_banner_468.gif] [/url]

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I don't know how I'd never heard of this, but it sounds like a must see.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I just watched this on DVD today and was transfixed! One of the best and most entertaining docs I've ever seen. I couldn't recommend this more. Even the bonus footage was very interesting.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I saw this a while back as well and thought it was amazing. I was expecting the typical behind-the-scenes band tour doc until I heard all the Sundance buzz. I was definitely not disappointed.

Highly recommended, even if you don't care for the either of the bands or even that type of music.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
I'm glad other people have seen this great Rockementary. I've been listening to the Dandy Warhols since 97 and have seen them in concert twice. Great band. I didn't hear much of the Brian Jones Massacre before, but it was interesting to hear where Courtney Taylor's influences came from.

Overall, this is a great film that takes the two bands in separate directions ...one up and one down.

God that lead singer form BJM is a complete arse hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks