What's new

Diff'rent Strokes - Three series in one! (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
For anyone who didn't get the new Diff'rent Strokes season 1 set, one fun thing about it is you are essentially getting thee TV shows in one set.

The first season includes the two part cross over episode of HELLO LARRY (which I would love to see on DVD, but isn't likely to happen). Plus, the final episode is essentially the pilot to THE FACTS OF LIFE, complete with Molly Ringwald.

The rest of the set is fun, but I didn't remember those other two series being in the first season so it was a surprise.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I had forgotten all about HELLO, LARRY!

THE FACTS OF LIFE was so bad during the first year. They had like 35 people in the cast! They obviously realized that didn't work and changed the format, keeping on three of the original girls and bringing in Nancy McKeon. Still wasn't a great show, but much improved. Didn't they actually have Ms. Garret sing the theme song in that first year too?! Awful!

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
I was surprised to find recently that there is a Harry, Larry fan site on the web called Hello, Larry Online (I don't know how to link, but you can find it at: www.sitcomsonline.com/hellolarry.html). It is amazingly comprehensive and can likely provide for most of your Hello, Larry needs. I guess every show has its fans. I would say that this is likely the only chance Hello, Larry will have to get a DVD release, but you really never know.

I kind of liked the first year of The Facts of Life. It has a very different feel to it and I remember it fondly from childhood. I hope this show will gets its DVD release soon now that its parent show has come out!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I think she sang just a part of it. The rest was done by a chorus of what are supposed to be schoolgirls. The lyrics were completely different in the first season as well.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I don't know if they are edited (I'm sure someone out there, if not here then at Sitcomsonline, is watching them in comparison to the original, network versions).

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I read in another post here that Hello Larry was edited. I believe they said it was an hour long episode and cut into two half hour segments for syndication. The syndicated cuts are used, maybe for the Facts of Life one too. Hello Larry fans, can you review the show with love, all I see elsewhere is utter disdain but if someone likes it enough to care, please tell me, the people look familiar but I was between a 3 months old and a little less than a two yera old when it was on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks