Difficulty Accessing IE "Internet Options"

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Rob Landolfi, May 8, 2003.

1. Rob Landolfi

Rob Landolfi Stunt Coordinator

All,

When trying to access my IE "Internet Options" in the "Tools" menu, I get the error message "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." This is my home PC, and I couldn't locate anything right off the bat in my User Account (Computer Administrator privileges)or BIOS settings to fix this. This is the first time I've noticed this. Any thoughts?

2. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

If you are using software like 'spybot search and destroy' it has settings that will protect your homepage from being hijacked by hostile websites. It is good protection to have and easy to suspend while you make your adjustments.

If spybot is the trouble then post and I'll lead you through fixing it.

3. Rob Landolfi

Eric,

Yup, I'm using SpyBot. I can get to "Internet Options" in the Control Panel, but would like to be able to get to it from within IE like I used to. Thanks for any tips.

4. Rob Landolfi

Eric,

I found the setting I can adjust to fix this in the "Immunize" section of Spy Bot. Thanks for turning me onto that as a possibility.

5. Eric_L

Eric_L Screenwriter

Sorry I didn't get to you sooner. I forgot to check this post until today. Glad to hear it worked out.

I am always forgetting to set those checks myself. I also have had it crash my browser a few times.. shareware, cant complain