Difficult Situation, Help Requested

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Louisp, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Louisp

Louisp Stunt Coordinator

Louis Patrick
    Good Day All,
    I am urgently seeking advice on how to best configure my surround speakers in our very odd shaped living room. As I am a 50 something disabled retiree my funds are limited so installation work is done by my sons or myself. Your help in solving this puzzle will be most appreciated. Here goes -

SPEAKERS - INFINITY ALPHA 50'S - FRONT, 37C - CENTER, 10'S SURROUNDS, 20 - SINGLE SURROUND BACK, 1200 - SUB

AVR - HARMON KARDON AVR 525

DISTANCE - CENTER - 10 FT, SURROUND LEFT 9 FT, SURROUND RIGHT 9 FT, SURROUND BACK 15 FT.

SURROUND SPEAKERS CURRENTLY INSTALLED AT 53" (MY EAR LEVEL STANDING UP.)

Due to the complex design nature of the room and furniture both surround speakers must be placed on the side of and slightly in front of the left and right listening positions.

MY QUESTION IS - How should the surround speakers be angled or if needed, re-located?

Thanks,
    Lpatrick

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    If they can be relocated, then the best position is to the sides and slightly to the rear of the seating. If it’s not possible to relocate them, you’ll just have to make the best of it. IMO that would be angling them towards the seating.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt