What's new

Difficult Center matching problem (1 Viewer)

Uri

Auditioning
I admit to being stumped. I have been trying for a few years to find an *affordable* center channle that I can match to a pair of Gallo Nucleus solos (aw, heck, I will even settle for an expensive one at this point). Gallo does not make these speakers anymore, dynaudio no longer sells it's drivers to anyone else... so I have this great driver and wonderful enclosure, and have not found anything that I can plunk between the two withut huge tonal imbalances.

Yes, I have been using a "phantom" center for years, but it doesn't cut it well with guests/off axis positions.

Anyone have any suggestions out there?

Thanks!

-Uri

I have posted at audiogon for a particular speaker I wanted in the wanted to buy area.
Did get a response within two days then made my purchase. Then answers kept coming in for a few weeks, more than I anticipated. I also recently sold a single speaker because I just wanted one for center. Seems like there is always someone in your boat. After years of goofing around with centers and almost matched sets I just bought 5 identical speakers. I am really happy with the move.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks