What's new

Different and interesting things you'd like to see on the 'SPIDER-MAN' dvd? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I figured this would be a good time to brainstorm since the dvd is probably already in it's first stages of preparation. The goal is to come up with inventive ideas that you would like to see on the dvd, whether it be in the menu design, animation, special features, anything really. Given the wealth of info available on this charactor and the comics, the sky's the limit on what can be done.

If anything, this thread could serve as a wishlist to make Columbia aware of what the fans of this great film would like to have included on what will surly be a referrance dvd all around.

For me, the only thing I can think of that I would really love to have is a commentary track by Stan Lee himself, that would rock!

Fire away guy's and gal's.

Bradford_B

Auditioning
:emoji_thumbsup: My suggestion is a new score...Danny Elfman tweaked BATMAN and phoned it in...maybe add more snappy dialog to the film? Pick up the cut scenes of Spidey and J. Jonah trading barbs and reinserting them? Other than that...the film was pretty good...oh yeah...put in at the end credits the original 1967 cartoon theme..."Is he strong? Listen bud, he's got radioactive blood..." Ohhh...one more thing...give Toby some kind of reaction to having the love offer of his life handed tohim on a silver plate!
Your friendly neighborhood Spidey webhead...Brad :D

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
- Stan Lee, Sam Raimi, and Cast Commentary

- WTC Trailer!!!!

- Deleted scenes (if there are any)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
seperate superbit and SE editions,

Stan Lee Commentary

Sam Raimi and Cast Commentary

Making of

WTC trailer

music videos

Chris M

Second Unit
How about something interesting and new, like pointing out the mistakes in the film with a director description and the clip. Many mistakes can be found Link Removed.
That would be really neat!
Chris.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would like to have some background described in regards to the comic books, Amazing Fantasy (Spider-Man's first ever appearance) and The Amazing Spider-Man comic - maybe a nice documentary that goes into some depth with Stan Lee, of course.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
CGI tests and concept art, so we can all see the much cooler Green Goblin designs which were abandoned in favor of the one we got :D
A second commentary track with all of the stars, and hosted by Bruce Campbell. ;)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
A few pointers

I would like very much to see a documentary about Steve Ditko in particular with regards to the Green Goblin

Press conference from January 2001 announcing the film

A documenatry highlighting the 40 years of Spider-Man

commentary with Stan Lee, Sam Raimi and Brian M Bendis discussing their vision of Spider-Man

all the web episodes from the official site

Oscar Merkx

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Every trailer from the WTC to Hardee's comercial

Every deleted scene either integrated or at least available.

Outtakes Outtakes Outtakes.

My suggestion is a new score...Danny Elfman tweaked BATMAN and phoned it in
I really wish they could/would. It's unbelievable just how similar the music is. If you listen to the title sequence a few times you can actually hear parts of Batman. Either Elfman got lazy or he just has a mode he gets into when writing a super-hero theme. I will have to admit I am probably not the best person to criticize Elfman cause I have rarely liked his work in any film.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Theres gotta be extended and cut scenes with seamless branching.

Frank, you have another vote for out-takes.

Rob T

Screenwriter
deleted scenes
making of
a documentary of the past of Spider-man hosted by Stan Lee
the press conference from January 2001
ALL the trailers
and much much more. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There are a bunch of deleted scenes shot SPECIFICALLY for the DVD
I saw the Spidey wall crawl test right after they shot it, when it was still just greenscreen. It rocked! That's when I knew how good this would be, because it was SO perfect
CGI tests and concept art, so we can all see the much cooler Green Goblin designs which were abandoned in favor of the one we got
According to my friend who worked on the film, they did build an authentic Goblin costume, and like with X-Men it looked really stupid on film. I agree, it's the only real issue I have with the movie, I HATE that suit.
The DVD has probably already been turned in, or is about to be. Remember David Prior turned in Planet of the Apes what, 3 days after it opened I think? I'm sure it's totally loaded. Sam Raimi knows how to do a DVD :)
I DEFINATELY would love a Sam&Bruce commentary, and if Stan Lee wants to jump in (and/or Steve Ditko) that's fine by me

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
You know, I was sitting in the theater listening to the opening credits thinking they were a total rip of Batman. When Danny Elfman's name came on the screen I was half surprised (only half because it obviously sounds like an Elfman score). He probably could have tried a bit harder on this one. I tend to really enjoy his scores. He seems to work best in concert with Tim Burton though.

Every trailer should be on the DVD, particularly the WTC trailer.

Hopefully we can see some of the training that Tobey and Willem went through.

A history of the character in comics would be good too.

If I were Columbia I'd get Kevin Smith and JMS to participate in a doc as they are in the process of revitalizing the comic books.

Wouldn't be a bad thing to have a second commentary with Brian Michael Bendis, Kevin Smith, and JMS.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
How about a mock CGI stunt reel ala Jackie Chan with a CGI spidey getting punched out by the goons, missing his web casts and swinging into things really hard and sliding down comically. The CGI goblin terrorizing the tram car with a sign that says "This space for rent" or flying in the air writing "Hi Mom" in smoke from his glider. That kind of thing. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
In addition to many of the things suggested above, I'd like to see them present Spidey's complete origin story from Amazing Fantasy as an on-screen slide show.

Regards,

Joe

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
How about a mock CGI stunt reel ala Jackie Chan with a CGI spidey getting punched out by the goons, missing his web casts and swinging into things really hard and sliding down comically
There are some of these, but...um...they are not appropriate for showing to small children and I'll leave it at that ;)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
:laugh:
I can just see Spidey missing and then cursing like a sailor and pushing the camera away in disgust. That or some accidental ripping of his suit when he's extra acrobatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks