What's new

Differences in the version of Prince of Persia? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
okay, i'm finally in the big room where i sorta fight with sara for the first time.

i'm having a heck of a time beating the blue creatures. so, a couple of questions.

1. is there a good strategy to beat the blue guys?
2. it seems the red guys keep regenerating, no matter how many times i kill them (with the dagger of course). do i need to kill all the blue guys first? will that stop the red guys from regenerating ... or are there just a bunch of them?

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
2. it seems the red guys keep regenerating, no matter how many times i kill them (with the dagger of course). do i need to kill all the blue guys first? will that stop the red guys from regenerating ... or are there just a bunch of them?
There's just a bunch of them. Eventually, you will kill all of the bad guys, at which point, you'll be able to take on your father.

Good luck!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
So, yes, it does serve a purpose, aside from being able to burst through a big wall.
Yep the third sword does have the function of killing the baddies after you lose the dagger. Gabe mentioned this in his spoiler above. My remarks were specifically for the second sword which allows you to burst through the wall.;)

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
On the Xbox, is there any way to unlock PoP 2 other than what I'm reading in the FAQs? Or do I have to play the thing through again and get to that level where I break through that wall? I wish I'd read that before I finished the game :)

I just finished PoP 1, I wish that had enlocked PoP 2. Maybe it does, but I get a DDE every time I quit after finishing PoP 1 :angry:

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
I didn't. The closest one I had was at 19%, so I'm playing it again through from there. I think my last save is at 28 or 29% now... not too far to go. I hope I can recognize the place based on the walkthrough I read.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Saurav. Its right after you get the second sword. You cant miss it. Shortly after you run down the bottom of the underground tunnel and you do a series of jumps over a castle chasm. Its the first circular switch right after (hit and break the wall right behind it).

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
OK, I'm right there then. Got another damn DDE so my last game didn't save... grr. But I hung on both switches in the big room and dropped the crate down the chute and ... well, that's where I am, and IIRC I get the sword not too long after this.

PoP 1 was hard :) It didn't help that I didn't remember the maps after the first 5-6 levels.

NickC

Second Unit
I can't get to the third sword...

All these mirriors, I can't figure out how to desroy the wall blocking the last set of mirrors

John Madia

Second Unit
I think I confused everyone by saying second new sword. What I meant was the third sword you get does nothing. There are four swords in the game. The first sword you start out with. The second sword allows you to smash walls. The third sword you get does nothing. The fourth sword you get allows you to kill sand monsters with one hit.

If you're having trouble with the game, just check out gamefaqs.com. As for the mirrors, I don't remember the solution but look at the floor for scorch marks. That's where the mirrors belong.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
EGM has codes on how to unlock the Prince of Persia 1 3-D level.

Start a new game and stay on the balcony.

PS2 - hold L3 and press X, square, triangle, circle, triangle, x, square, circle

GameCube - hold B on a controller in the 4th controller port and press A, B, Y, X, Y, A, B, X

X-Box - hold left analog stick in and press A, X, Y, B, Y, A, X, B

The X-Box one I know works. It's pretty cool.

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Ooh, I forgot about that unlockable. That I can try tonight :)

I'm looking forward to the PoP 2 unlockable - I've played 1 as a kid many times, but didn't spend as much time with 2. In fact, after running and catching the ship, I don't really remember much of what happens after that (assuming I'm thinking of the right game).

Gabe Oppenheim

Stunt Coordinator
I think I confused everyone by saying second new sword. What I meant was the third sword you get does nothing.
You're right; I forgot about the third sword, which indeed seems to do nothing. However, perhaps the penultimate sword is able to smash through tougher walls, or something. Have you tried playing the through the game without picking that sword up?

NickC

Second Unit
by pressing the right analog stick down you are using the L3 button, and I dont mean the direction down, I mean pressing the stick down into the controller to where it clicks....

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
oh..thx nick. i didn't even realize you could use the analog sticks like that! :b

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Well I just order the PoP / Splinter Cell combo direct from Ubi for $39.95. :emoji_thumbsup: It's a shame that sales are low. The only reason I held out this long was I'm trying to cut a swath through the games I've already got before I take another plunge. But the temptations were made too much for me :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i can confirm morgan's ps2-hack. it went straight into the original pop - neato!

it was just like travelling in the way-back machine...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks