What's new

differences between tosh 43h70 and 43h71? (1 Viewer)

l e j u n

Auditioning
Can someone give me some info on teh differences and upgrades between these two sets?
And also some help on how to do the pull down on the set as well.
Thanks!
l e j u n

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The major upgrade is that it offers vertical compression scanning for DVD playback. Other than that, the cabinet has been updated, the lenses have been revised, there's a new automatic convergence system and there are new menu options to control the line-doubler (film/video modes).
------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

l e j u n

Auditioning
Thanks for the response. Anyway, I had the H70 and returned it to Best Buy and exchenged it to the H71.
There is some nice differences. The best being the squeeze mode.
But I have a problem with it. On the left hand of teh screen, it seems when i watch anything in widescreen the black bars on the top and bottom curve upwards. Leaving a blue layer across the top and bottom of each image. I am going to go test it at BB tommarrow to make sure that it is only my set that is doing this. If it is, I will exchange for another one.
l e j u n

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
That's due to poor geometry/convergence. I would hope they'd send a technician out to correct it rather than exchange the set.
------------------
John Golitsis
Next Big Thing Electronics

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks