1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Differences between the Panasonic RP61 and the RP91

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by donovan_chin, Aug 7, 2001.

1. donovan_chin

donovan_chin Stunt Coordinator

I'm new to the forum, and I was reading a lot about the Panasonic DVD-RP91. It looks really good but I was wondering what the differences between the RP61 and RP91. The only differences that I can see are the DVD-RAM playability and the 12bit video DAC. If those are the only differences, I think that the RP61 is a really good deal.
    On a side note, does anyone know why the RP61 is so hard to find. Is it shipping already?
    Thanks in advance.
    ~Donovan

2. Craig F

Craig F Second Unit

Craig
    RP91 features not on 61:
    Coaxial out
    CD Audio Re-master
    Stop memory
    CD Text
    Gamma Correction
    DVD-RAM
    12 Bit Video DAC (10 on RP61)
    Non-anamorphic Zoom
    The RP61 is just starting to ship.

3. donovan_chin

donovan_chin Stunt Coordinator

Sorry about the first posts to all.. didn't search to see if the discussion ever came up before.
    Does anyone have any experience with the CD-audio upsampling? Sounds like really interesting technology but does it actually sound better. I mean, is it worth the extra $200? Actually, the 12bit video DAC is not as important as the audio side of things for me.
    BTW does anyone know if the Yamaha RX-V3000 receiver can handle the 88.2kHz signal?