Differences between South Park versions (WB vs Paramount) ?

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Sorry if this is old news, but was looking at prices for the South Park seasons, and noticed that there are two versions, one which is already out (WB), and another which is due out later this month (Paramount). I was just curious what differences (if any) there are between these two versions.

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Probably the biggest difference are the studio logos and stuff. In other words there's nothing new on the Paramount releases that you didn't get on the WB sets, and nothing omitted from the WB sets for this release. So as far as I know, same thing...different package.

Robert Ringwald

Cinematographer
Reaction score
It is exactly the same.

WB released the first 2 seasons, then the rights went to Paramount, who released season 3 and are about to release season 4. They also chose to re-release the first 2 season sets, with new packaging. They're the same, don't worry.

If you were a psycho (LIKE ME) you'd get the paramount ones if they are cheaper, so the logos match...

Not that I'd actually rebuy them just so they could match...

Lane F.

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I haven't bought any yet, so I will probably just go with whichever is cheapest.

WillG

Lead Actor
Reaction score

Too bad Paramount did not reinstate the commentaries that WB refused to allow for season one.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Can you not get the commentaries from Comedy Central anymore? I've been thinking about getting these sets for a while, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frugalfart