Differences between B&W 600 series 2 and 3

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bo-Cephus, May 10, 2006.

1. Bo-Cephus

Bo-Cephus Agent

Hello, Everyone,
    You may have already covered this, but has anyone had experience with the differences between the B&W 600 series 2 and 3? I know the later 2 series are significantly different than the series 1 due primarily to the nautilus tweeter, but I haven't seen alot of discussion around the differences between 2/3. I'm mostly interested in the sound differences, so if anyone has upgraded to the 3 from the 2 Id be very interested in your opinions. Thanks!

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    IIRC, the differences weren't that big. I've heard both and I don't think I could tell you which was which in a blind test.

3. Daniel.Han

Daniel.Han Stunt Coordinator

Hi, the biggest change if I remember correctly was the crossover design. I owned a pair of 602s3 before I upgraded and really enjoyed them at the time. I never got a chance to listen to the s2 and s3 together so I can't really comment on specific sound differences.

dh

4. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    perhaps you can email B&W and let us know the response. it might take a few weeks, but i know they do respond =). plus you can get 600 s2 on ebay for a STEAL! =).