Difference in Pioneer Elite vs Non-Elite Reciver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Richard Little, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Richard Little

Richard Little Stunt Coordinator

VSX-D912K
    6.1 Digital A/V Receiver
    MSRP: $475

VSX-45TX
    "Custom" Multi-Channel Digital A/V Receiver
    MSRP: $1,400

I am not asking this because I enjoy being publicly flogged, but when briefly reading the specs I'm not seeing justification for the price difference. Is there really a $925 difference other than getting a really cool Elite name plate and the usual "it uses better internal components"? Will I be able to detect a $925 difference in audio or video?

2. James USAF

James USAF Agent

dunno...I just bought the 45TX and love it. Have it paired with 7 athena speakers. Of course this did not answer your question...but I am very satisified with the Pioneer elite. Bought it a etronics.com for about 800 (including a 3 year Philips warrenty).

3. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

Look at the power output closer to see whether they are 20Hz-20KHz readings or 1Khz and the distortion levels. A big difference will be the quality of the amplification, all channels driven. Depending on your speaker sensitivity, and how loud you want to listen it may not matter.

4. Richard Little

Richard Little Stunt Coordinator

I have the klipsch synergy system, from 7 yrs ago, with the 10.5 mains. I understand that they are considered quite sensitive so the THD spec would come into play. Call me a sucker but that ELITE tag would sure look nice in my rack. Thanks for pointing that out.

5. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

The Pioneer Elite VSX-41 lists for $800, but is selling for $599 or less from authorised dealers.

6. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter