Difference between Yamaha HTR and RX-V line

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StevenK, May 8, 2002.

1. StevenK

StevenK Second Unit

I wonder what the difference between these lines are...in particular the HTR-5560 and the RX-V630.

Is it a fair comparison to say the HTR is Sony DE equivalent while the RV-X is Sony ES equivalent?

Should I expect much higher build quality from the RV-X line?

Lastly, can anybody comment on the sound of the Yammies vs H/K, Onkyo, and Denon? Thanks in advance.

2. Doug Drake

Doug Drake Stunt Coordinator

My understanding is that the RXV line is for the "boutique" or specialty stores and the HTR line is for mass retailers. They are virtually the same except for cosmetic differences. Possibly a warranty difference, but I don't think so.

Denon does the same thing, BTW.

Doug

3. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Exactly what Doug said. The Yamaha HTRs and RXVs are the same things just with a different badge and for different stores.

4. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

No build quality difference. The lettering on RXV are white, and gold on the HTR's.
    I have an HTR-5280 and I LOVE the sound. Great for the price, as I paid $399 brand new when it came out. Here's a link to another thread with some pretty outstanding comments made about build quality.
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=65157

5. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Supporting Actor

In almost every model year there exists one or two feature differances between the 2 as well...rxv1200 has 12 volt trigger and detatchable power cord which it's "equivalent" unit does not have...

byh the way if you are looking at the 630 you mat want to check out the 730 which has on-screen display (a must for Yam's menus) and a better remote ...it's about $80 dollars more......