What's new

Difference Between These Two Memories? (1 Viewer)

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, AMD recommends a certain model number for the their 2100 Unbuffered DDR DIMMs. Now NewEgg.com is out of the recommended model number for "Smart Modular 512MB" but they have another stick IDENTICAL to the one listed above (same brand, size, everything) except is has a different model number.
Now I would just go for this, except this model number is not listed on AMD's website as "recomended". So I guess my question is if it is okay to go for this?
Here they both are at NewEgg.com: (the bottom two)
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...ry=1520&DEPA=1

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I'm curious why Newegg lists both modules as AMD Recommended?

Anyways, you should be safe ordering either stick; they might not be excellent for overclocking, but they will most likely run at default speed without any problems (from my experiences with generic memory modules).

The only difference I noted between the sticks was in their pictures. The out of stock module has a Samsung sticker on it, denoting Samsung memory chips. The in stock one does not have the same sticker, so it may or may not have the same memory chips.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks